Default Untangle as a Turnkey Linux Appliance

Folks,

I read with great interest what Untangle can do for home users as well in the corporate/government world.

What I would like to see is the possibility of Untangle becoming a TurnKey Linux Appliance. See turnkeylinux.org (could not post link as I am a new user, sorry)

I believe the added exposure to Untangle would be very beneficial.

It would probably take the creation of a patch as Turnkey Linux calls it to be incorporated into TurnKey. I believe it would get Untangle into other areas as well.

I envision a box that would protect the home user simply and efficiently.

Thank You and Take Care

Dave

Exposure maybe... but Untangle is turnkey already. This isn't a multipart software combination that requires the user to do anything. Untangle is drop in a CD and click install. It's already the easiest to use Linux based anything I've ever worked with.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

yeah i was confused by this post, seeing as UT is already a turnkey solution...

Default Ease of Expandability

I also believe since the TurnKey folks are working with the latest Ubuntu 10.04 LTS it may or may not resolve some of the kernal issues I've read about here.

Yes I've noticed that Untangle is a standalone ready to run system, though from what I've read expandability to include other applications could be enhanced.

My thinking is it would also allow for ease of expandability to include other applications, such as those from TurnKey's site, within the same box. Though doing so may limit the number of simultaneous users, or require more cpu ram and so forth. What I also see is something much more useful than what the major NAS manufacturers are offering, at a lower price point.

And yet on the other hand Untangle is a security system and I understand that the fewer people who can access the box the better for security sake.

Having said this I'm not a big proponent of one box one function. Particularly in a home, soho, small business environment. Though in some cases it may be what is required.

Just my three cents.

Dave