Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Proactivens:
    I have a different approach:
    They buy a underpower system, then its valid to think they dont have IT staff with enough knowledge to configure, fine tunning and support.
    Is this a business opportunity for you? Sell services, consulting and training hours.

I hope this help to mitigate the loss (stolen?) of a sale
    The world is divided into 10 kinds of people, who know binary and those not

Quote Originally Posted by proactivens View Post
    Even if it were a binding PO, im not about to start filing lawsuits over it. There is recourse here if I wanted to take it, but in the end it would be a waste of time and money.

The only thing that makes me feel good is knowing that tangent sold them under powered hardware. My spec. was for a dual quad 2.2GHz with 8gb of ram. Tangent sold them a single quad 2.66GHz with 8gb of ram. 6000 users will have a hard time running on that.
    by the time tanget gets done fielding the support calls they'll have lost their profit..i don't think they are going to win in the end.. unfortunately neither is the client.

Quote Originally Posted by dwasserman View Post
    Proactivens:

I hope this help to mitigate the loss (stolen?) of a sale
    he does..but that won't make up totally for the instant and rather sizable loss he's incurred.

There is one real bright side on this...

Unless the customer was clued in, they don't really know it's Untangle. So Untangle shouldn't take a black eye on the failure when it happens.

But yeah the real loss is feeling the excitement that comes from getting that close to closing a major deal... knowing what bills you can pay, and then have it fall through and be left with nothing for all that time put in.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

I try to think in a network with 6000 users (hosts?)
    Its not easy to setup right the border defenses.
    Too many subnets, too many different level users and rights. Too many services to publish sure also.
    And in a student envoirment (hacking learners)!
    Its a challenger puzzle
    There is no place for a plug n play box here sending via UPS or DHL.
    The best bussines is sell services (hours) here, not a box and soft with a marginal profit.
    Of course sell both is better but is not a perfect world.
    The world is divided into 10 kinds of people, who know binary and those not

Exactly my point DW. This isnt a plug and play installation. They will learn soon enough that untangle isnt a plug and play bridge. Guess what, you still need static routes, ip aliases, and a load of other tweaks to make this puppy bark. I mean, its not like I know what im doing or anything. Ive personally only setup untangle at 13 different school districts around the damn country.

If you want my help making it work, guess what, $125 an hour. Sorry you bought into a slick talking marketing guy. I build solutions around the Untangle brand, that is what I was selling. A damn solution. They bought a product. Hopefully it serves them well, but I doubt it will.
    www.nexgenappliances.com
    Toll Free: 866-794-8879
    UNTANGLE STAR PARTNER
    Follow us at spiceworks!

i do got to ask proactivens, why do you offer " a 750Gb SATA II Hard Disk" with your systems when UT cant use more then 80G?

But by far your prices kick the crap out of tangent and you know what your doing, i am sure tangent takes a loss on those sales but makes it up in other areas of their over priced business plan.
    kv-2 | UT 11.0.1 | Dell R610 Server | Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz Quad Cores | 24Gb DDR3 ECC | 1 Intel QPort NIC | Integrated Broadcom QP | Dell Perc 4i | 6 x 73G 2.5 15k SAS raid 10 | 100mb/100mb | 30mb/30Mb

You can format the disk over 80gb. Use the advanced text or advanced gui installer and it will allow you to format the disk however you want it.

Most of the time 80gb is fine, but when your dealing with a network of over 1000 employees and using spam quarantine and storing a ton of reports, it will eat space very fast.
    www.nexgenappliances.com
    Toll Free: 866-794-8879
    UNTANGLE STAR PARTNER
    Follow us at spiceworks!

Yeah large installs actually need the space, it depends on the deployment.

That DB may never grow over 40gb but there are things that can use that room.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

good to know! , i thought the 80G limit was hard coded thing.
    kv-2 | UT 11.0.1 | Dell R610 Server | Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz Quad Cores | 24Gb DDR3 ECC | 1 Intel QPort NIC | Integrated Broadcom QP | Dell Perc 4i | 6 x 73G 2.5 15k SAS raid 10 | 100mb/100mb | 30mb/30Mb

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast