Thread: Good Work Guys

Default Good Work Guys

I just finished updating all of my field installations to at least 7.3.1. I'm wondering why I waited so long... huge difference in performance across the board and so far so good.

I do find it ironic that the only box I have in my list that is allowed 7.4 at this point also happens to be one that doesn't have a paying sub on it.

But we all know what my luck is like.

Also, my office's issue with random CPU hard locks appears to have vanished with the upgrade. And several minor issues with my installation, like the missing apply icon have been resolved. I was going to pave this box for good measure but it's run so well this weekend I think I'll just leave it and see what she does. She has been upgraded all along the way since 5.1.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

I noticed that every second upgrade, I am early. The next, I am one of the last to update. I suspect that somehow, Untangle reverses or randomizes the order in which installations become allowed to upgrade. This, by the way, is a good idea, IMHO.

My box upgraded to 7.4 yesterday. So far, all is good. Good work indeed!

LD

I did 5 upgrades last night and early this morning....they went well, all done quickly. I notice another drop in memory consumption. Only 1 brief disconnect as a service restarts.

Still waiting for the update to show up -- and I'm probably 30 miles or less from Net Alpaca Intergalactic HQ.

--bob in sunny silicon valley

wow, upgraded since 5.1 and all worked, got to hand it to the UT team for that one!

i got the 7.4 on 2 boxes ready to go but going to wait until tomorrow morning to do them, instead of just before i go home
    kv-2 | UT 11.0.1 | Dell R610 Server | Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz Quad Cores | 24Gb DDR3 ECC | 1 Intel QPort NIC | Integrated Broadcom QP | Dell Perc 4i | 6 x 73G 2.5 15k SAS raid 10 | 100mb/100mb | 30mb/30Mb

Quote Originally Posted by Mathiau View Post
    wow, upgraded since 5.1 and all worked, got to hand it to the UT team for that one!
    It's even more astounding when you realize this installation is the one I started my Untangle career with, and has the scars from 2 years of hacking it up.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Well the first problem just landed. Untangle 7.2 to 7.3.1 upgrade. Client called me today saying they were having slower than normal internet since Sunday. I start poking around and for some reason the upgrade puked the QoS settings. Reconfigured and back online...

Then 5min later that quad xeon 2.4ghz untangle, buckled under a crippling CPU load of 30! It sat that way slowly working its way down for 30min. Untangle is investigating...

Why is it always me? Can't I get an easy problem... for ONCE!
    NexgenAppliances.com