Thread: Auto Partition

Default Auto Partition

I have been using Linux for a number of years and computers for even longer and I have never come across something so stupid as Auto Partition without an option to chose which partition on the hard drive.

I can't emphasize enough how absolutely ridiculous this is. I now have to explain to my wife why all out photos are all gone because I wanted to test a new operating system. this really sux, is there any way I can get them back.

OK partly my fault, I understood the formation question as going into a partitioning program that every other linux installer I have every used uses.

Again is there any way I can get it all back
    HELP!!!

Master Untangler

so what part of
    WARNING: ALL DATA ON YOUR DISK WILL BE LOST!
    was the most confusing?

have you EVER used an OS that was designed as more of an appliance?
    i have. and very rarely do you ever get the option to choose your own partition.

how exactly did you plan on testing Untangle after it was installed if this was on your only machine? Untangle isnt an OS you can use like an OS. it is intended to be used as a router....

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Maybe you can google some data recovery tools - or maybe you have a backup?
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangle Ninja

Master Untangler

i apologize if i came off as rude, but when your first post is about how stupid the product is, it makes me a little defensive for the dev team that puts their hard work into this product.

it is a little harsh to blame them, even a little for you not paying attention to the warnings

Ok. I guess it was mostly my fault and should have been more careful, I was just a bit worried that my wife was going to rip me a new one when I told her I lost our wedding photos.

I found a good recovery program and have everything back now.
    Thanks and sorry for blaming untangle for my screw up