Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I would do a configuration backup and reinstall.

You know, I'm a huge sceptic. And I've gotten in trouble recently for being vocal about the testing (or apparent lack thereof) of new released software for this project.

However, I haven't seen anything in the 8.0 release aside from a few expected minor issues that could be directly associated with any .0 release of any software, especially when it comes to new functionality. 8.0 made some fundamental changes to QoS, to make room for the bandwidth control module, which adds some exciting new and much needed functionality. These changes don't come without issue, yet they have come almost perfectly.

So no, as much as I get up in arms. I can't support a post that simply says... this version sucks. It is simply unfounded. And to be honest, we get them on every release. The forum fire on the 8.0 has been really surprisingly tame.

Each day that goes by, the more I view the 8.0 release as an early Christmas gift. It's that good, not perfect, but quite good.

If you have specific issues, please give us the details so we can help you trouble shoot them. I'm not doubting that you've got something going on, but smearing everything and everyone here isn't helpful to yourself, or anyone else.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

I have used the same hardware for Untangle since 6.0 and it has been solid ever since, with the exception of the 7.0 - 7.0.1 incident. Where I think most people had issues.

I do find it funny that these "issues" pop up with every new milestone release. But Untangle is very dependent on the hardware you use and how much strain you put on it. Personally my box does not spike much since I don't have a mail server or anything running behind it ....yet. But if you have a lot of users or a lot of traffic the box may perform in "interesting" ways.
    “Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program.” - Linus Torvalds

Quote Originally Posted by Solignis View Post
    I have used the same hardware for Untangle since 6.0 and it has been solid ever since, with the exception of the 7.0 - 7.0.1 incident. Where I think most people had issues.

I do find it funny that these "issues" pop up with every new milestone release. But Untangle is very dependent on the hardware you use and how much strain you put on it. Personally my box does not spike much since I don't have a mail server or anything running behind it ....yet. But if you have a lot of users or a lot of traffic the box may perform in "interesting" ways.
    I actually DO have a mail server behind my UT..however it's waaaaay overkill for what it does. It's what i had laying around though. The real test will be once our annual winter basketball ministry starts up at my church. That's when i'll easily have 300+ folks in the building and i'll open her up to at least 40 slots or more if the cable modem can handle it and we don't crush the thing.. My church is my testbed for things anyways as that's my potential largest network by far.

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    I can't support a post that simply says... this version sucks. It is simply unfounded. And to be honest, we get them on every release. The forum fire on the 8.0 has been really surprisingly tame.
    According to MY experience 7.4 was better than 8.0 this is my personal feeling compared to 7.4.

I got finally hosts lists after this error:

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: http://192.168.0.197/ext/ext-all-deb...89436187:11495

I had to kill firefox with task manager, because it was around 1gb in memory.

What is ext-all-debug.js?s=1289436187:11495 anyway ?

Also see attached file for hosts NONE of them related to my network.

Quote Originally Posted by untangler1 View Post
    Also see attached file for hosts NONE of them related to my network.
    Heh. Well then that is your issue.

Do you want help or are you just here to rant.
    If you're just here to rant: we hear you.

If you want help I wouldn't create a rant thread. I'd start a new thread and describe your issue and your network, hardware, and configuration.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    Heh. Well then that is your issue.

Do you want help or are you just here to rant.
    If you're just here to rant: we hear you.

If you want help I wouldn't create a rant thread. I'd start a new thread and describe your issue and your network, hardware, and configuration.
    dmorris, you are from this company I believe, I don't know your position, to begin with this is not the way to speak to someone, who is trying to benefit from the free version of your software, maybe if he can make it out, he might purchase some other version for the business. Your way of speak is totally nonsense.

Why would I rant? what are you here for? help or ... ?

also do you pick posts who favors your software and ignore the others?

you should revise your post since I am just here to find a solution for my problem.

I prefer getting help from someone who could understand the problem,
    Last edited by untangler1; 12-06-2010 at 11:29 AM.

Sorry you took offense.

I repeat:
    I'd start a new thread and describe your issue and your network, hardware, and configuration.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

well friend, if you reread your posts i think you will agree they have a bit of agressiveness underneath.
    What dmorris was trying to say is that their free product (as you mentioned) does have a support package, and that all the non official support given through these forums are from the good will of the community and this kind of attitude tend not to take much will into helping the fellow untangler... =\

Untangler

My network and my system ?

dsl modem --> router --> UT bridge --> switch --> wired and wireless computers

system is atom d210gly with 1gb ram, 60gb hdd.

and my untangle is up-to-date.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast