Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by Dissidente View Post
    well friend, if you reread your posts i think you will agree they have a bit of agressiveness underneath.
    What dmorris was trying to say is that their free product (as you mentioned) does have a support package, and that all the non official support given through these forums are from the good will of the community and this kind of attitude tend not to take much will into helping the fellow untangler... =\
    what exactly was my attitude? pointing some error and ask for help ? support package ? if he doesn't want to answer simply he can ignore, or can say "I don't want to answer" or "yes there is a known bug" or can say "please re-install" or "what is your specs and network" ?

Master Untangler

I believe he did...

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by untangler1 View Post
    My network and my system ?

dsl modem --> router --> UT bridge --> switch --> wired and wireless computers

system is atom d210gly with 1gb ram, 60gb hdd.

and my untangle is up-to-date.
    How many user do you have behind said hardware?

untangler1,

Do you know the story of Chicken Little?

If you come in here and start off with "7.4 was better than 8.0" and then list 8 assertions, 6 of which we kinda know to be either false or not relevant to anything in the upgrade and don't clearly explain any of the issues, it makes it hard for us to help.

Everyone here is a volunteer. We spend time outside of work on these forums in order to help out our free customers because we do want you to use the product and we do want you to like it. However, we do ask that you meet us part way.

Please take a look at this post: http://forums.untangle.com/announcem...uidelines.html
    m.

Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.

It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look here if you want my advice on how to draw one.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

How are your untangle interfaces configured? Post screenshots.

edit: Also post a screenshot of the "new" blockpages. Are they all text?

Considering Untangle thinks the whole world exists on your internal network, and you're seeing some "terrible" blockpages. I'd assume you have your bridge plugged in backwards.
    Last edited by dmorris; 12-06-2010 at 01:09 PM.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

Intel Atom D210 single core 1.66ghz processor with insufficient math crunching power to operate untangle properly as soon as you isntall one of the AV modules.

In short, it will never work well, you're hardware is underpowered.

The ONLY Atom I will support is a d510 or better, the dual core units are capable of operating Untangle fully.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

1GB of RAM is a little on the low side. It will run but it will probably chug like the lab box I have that auto updates to test new versions just to see if it completely crashes.
    The beatings shall continue until morale improves!

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post

edit: Also post a screenshot of the "new" blockpages. Are they all text?

Considering Untangle thinks the whole world exists on your internal network, and you're seeing some "terrible" blockpages. I'd assume you have your bridge plugged in backwards.
    You know it's funny you ask.....my block page is new ever since last night....see attachment.

Hmm... Thats not correct.

Here is what you should be seeing.

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post

edit: Also post a screen-shot of the "new" blockpages. Are they all text?

Hey! When I was using 7.4 I experienced "plugged backward" but this was a mistake during installation and I wasn't able to download and install the free package. My understanding was "the box cannot be plugged backwards" .

I don't know if something changed or not (with 8) but when I install the 8.0 (both pre-release and release version) I was able to download the package(s) also I had access to internet from local machine, for this reason I never thought accidentally plugging the bridge backwards could be a problem. So I switched the cables !

Now I think I must excuse, my apologies, I can see block pages properly now, name maps are OK, session viewer OK (until now) but two things though,

the pros should correct me on this if I am wrong, I have 5 clients, 7.4 had lower cpu usage, but 8.0 is higher? (when I check the graphs, also the famous fan noise) -only issue with this is fan noise, I don't mind having the fan all the time but If I can get it quiet (like it was with 7.4) I'll be happy-

also my problem with reports...,

Hosts under reports brings the same script error, can I ask how to reset all the reports as well as all the database(s) related to it?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast