Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another First?

so can you use that technique to make it go full screen?

Yes
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

oh yeah! I ahve a projection screen up in the upstairs sanctuary and it's 800x600..making that rull screen has been a pain..if the built in player will do that that'll be great.

Ok, the FMS is in place, and things are working well...

Well other than the Mac I need to do the encoding crashing while encoding audio and video at the same time... it can do one or the other but not both! Go figure... stupid Apple.

Anyway, I know that is a temporary situation as Flash Media Encoder is used on that box regularly to encode to file... and I couldn't do that today either... I left it up to the AV guys to fix that.

My FMS server is built on CentOS, I don't know if yours is windows or linux based.. assuming linux based the path to the sample player is.

/opt/adobe/fms/samples/videoPlayer

I just copied that entire directory to /opt/adobe/fms/webroot/player

Then I could access the sample player by hitting http://fms.internaldns.local/player/videoplayer.html

Load that in your browser, click the live stream link on the right hand side, it will populate the white box with a url needed to connect to the live application, stream named livestream on local host. Swap out local host for your FMS IP / domain name, make sure you're stream name is correct, tick the live box and click the playstream button.

The application saves it's settings in the URL, so bookmarking the site after configuration will save the settings to get back to the stream you want. The flash window itself is a fully functional player with volume control, positional selector, full screen, play/pause, and application indicators.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Mine fms server is my AD box.. Thanks for hte tips..i'm going to try that as soon as i get my intensity back form rma..

Well then I think you can navigate the difference of the files being in c:\program files\adobe vs /opt... and handle stuffing the sample player somewhere IIS can present it.

I'm just glad I could return the favor on this somewhat. We have a world of work to do before all of this is ready for Christmas, but everyone got to see it running today and was excited beyond belief. I still haven't figured out how to present video that is already recorded... one step at a time.
    NexgenAppliances.com

There's a sample player for that one in fms i'm pretty sure..don't how i missed the live streaming player..<G> Yeah I can nav the differences.. Of course if we start doing this more i'll fire up another server just for that one(i have two other ibm x336's on the shelf right now)

Just an update, the facility is hot, streaming is live. I never did any bypassing or anything else. Untangle is just "doing" it.

One more reason to love Untangle.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123