Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another First?

Default Another First?

I'm rather excited about this project, and a huge thank you to Untangle support for finding my borked packet filter rule that was preventing it from working.

LWBC has me busy as usual, my large church client.

The 6 interface untangle they have used since 5.1 just had the 4th interface lit up. This interface is attached to a fiber pipe that connects to a new facility on the other side of town. The other facility has a brand new Untangle 8.0 lite server with three interfaces.

The fiber on the far side gives me 1.5mb internet, and the 100mbit pipe back to the main office.

Two Untangle routers, two static routes later, and now I have both sites communicating at lan speeds. I'm seeing 30ms latency between the sites. I haven't stuffed in all the bypass rules yet, nor tuned QoS... but this is certainly a huge step in the right direction to get HD video streaming online over that link.

Untangle powered... I love it!
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Very nice, congrats!
    “Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program.” - Linus Torvalds

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    and the 100mbit pipe back to the main office.
    A church with that....I'm jealous

What can I say, the powers that be wanted HD video streaming...

Now for the real problem... what software do I use to get a Blackmagic Decklink in a Mac to stream video...

I was going to use VLC, but the Decklinks don't use any kind of standard capture interface, and I'm not about to write a driver...

Adobe's Flash Streamer could work, but I need the media server to pull it off and that's another $1000 in software, $4500 for the one that actually does what the powers that be want.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Blackmagic Decklink
    now i'm jealous

Quote Originally Posted by hlarsen View Post
    now i'm jealous
    Now you're just getting out of character... you work for Untangle, you're supposed to be an open source guy... and here you are drooling over a binary blob, proprietary only, WINDOWS BASED product.

Yeah... all Blackmagic products are DirectDraw based. DirectX for the win, except when on a mac? oy...
    NexgenAppliances.com

What can I say, the powers that be wanted HD video streaming...

Now for the real problem... what software do I use to get a Blackmagic Decklink in a Mac to stream video...

I was going to use VLC, but the Decklinks don't use any kind of standard capture interface, and I'm not about to write a driver...

Adobe's Flash Streamer could work, but I need the media server to pull it off and that's another $1000 in software, $4500 for the one that actually does what the powers that be want.
    adobe's software is free for small usage and non-commercial. I am using flash encoder with my intensity by Black magic and am using the server for internal streaming...and i have a second stream going from the encoder to a ustream account(which means you bypass the server). As long as the server is used internally only it's free for 5 users..

How? The Flash Encoder I see only has two options, file, and stream server. So how did you get it to do a second stream?

I guess I need to do some page delving and find the download for the media server.
    NexgenAppliances.com

in the latest version you can use the custom option and then specify multiple streams...I got it to work the last itme i used it..had one stream going upstairs and one to ustream.. hang on i'll giv eyou the links..

ah stupid acocunt registration hang on i'll put it up on my site for 24 hours..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast