Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Rebooting is a bad idea. If Untangle fails but is still in a running state, then the logs that might tell us what the problem is will be lost with the reboot. Rebooting would do more bad than good.
    www.nexgenappliances.com
    Toll Free: 866-794-8879
    UNTANGLE STAR PARTNER
    Follow us at spiceworks!

i also would think that if a server reboots on a loop, it would not be reachable by support therefore not being of any assistance.....

what would be the parameter considered for reboot....i think there should be some sort of a severity issue before the auto reboot option is enabled if at all....or maybe even a kill command given if lets say performance indicates that server is having a meltdown that would constitute, hardware damage.....

i also think that IF this service is enabled or even added into the untangle it should DEF be a paid service because of the added stress on the untangle master servers...data consumption...and resources it would take up just monitoring the XXX,XXX servers that are online....

i feel that server down time and uptime should monitored by the system admin...such as the service that is offered at http://www.internetseer.com

this is a paid service and if this is to be considered by untangle then maybe this should be the same route that untangle takes because this alone could be a huge resource hog on the untangle systems

my two cents worth

Thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12