Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ipsec!!!!!

MMMM ok so your preference for Windows mobile over iPhone is just a dislike for Apple not a Windows Bias!!

Got it Sorry I misunderstood.

LOL

Remember Mac OSX is what Linux wants to be when it grows up.....

But truly I get worked up more on this Forum than any other forum i visit. I dont know if it is employees or other UT Users but the general response are disrespectful and condescending.

I have seen posts in other Forums referring to UT Forums as this way. you all need to get a grip the product is great the solutions are fantastic the phone paid support is beyond expectations. but the atitude on the forum is not good.

and leads to users with atitude posts based on reading previous posts that are as stated disrespectful.

Not sure how to clean it up going forward but is need some work.

Quote Originally Posted by aboyce View Post
    Not sure how to clean it up going forward but is need some work.
    welcome to the forums.

I'd start by doing your part! Go back and read your first couple posts in this thread. How could you have done better?

You start with a couple of insanely punctuated sentence fragments and something about dates. Then I think you accuse people of smelling funny. Then you throw in with that is something about IPSec and Windows for good measure.

Was your goal to ask when IPSec would be implemented?

Using your words similar to what you've already posted how about:

"I'm been using Untangle as a paid user since 20XX, and I think the product is great the solutions are fantastic the phone paid support is beyond expectations. I think untangle would be a much better product if it supported IPSec VPNs, and I would be able to deploy it in more locations. Will it ever be added? If so, when?"

Compare that to:

"So the above thread was back in 2008 it is now 2011 ???????????????
    are you ever going to have a true VPN solution. even the Open VPN is limited compared to almost all other products?????????????"

How do you think the response would be different?
    Remember, this is a community forum. You're talking with Untangle users just like you.

But if you're just trolling, carry on.
    Last edited by dmorris; 03-24-2011 at 02:24 PM. Reason: i spell gud
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

But it's good to feed the trolls!

And for the record my antiquated old HTC touch that hardly holds a battery charge anymore, is still doing RDP and other advanced functions that I haven't seen work on Android or iPhone, at least not for free. I've been very clear about this from the beginning if you read my posts. My phone works well for me. And this phone is on the way out, I think I'm going to snag Motorola's Droid X.

I couldn't tell you how many iPhone users I support in the field... no if there is a mobile device I can't stand, it's Blackberry. And that is only because BES ate two of my Exchange servers.

And I have no idea who the "other forums" are, but I certainly haven't seen the stigma you assign to these forums.

Untangle forums are professional, and efficient. If they are a bit cold, it's simply due to the technical nature of the conversation, combined with the passion of those that support this project. It is very rarely a bad thing.

Now if you wish to blame me for this, go ahead! I'm no perfect person, and I've certainly put my foot in my mouth a few times around here. I'll take my lashings for my stupidity, and my mistakes. Heaven knows the former knows no bounds, and the latter are innumerable!
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

When will Untangle 9.0 be published because of ipsec?

I admit I do not have too much experience, but never able to establish a ipsec site to site vpn between 2 different brand devices. I am talking about cisco, fortinet, microsoft server, and drytek here.
    My suspect is with untangle ipsec version the "incompatibility issues" still.
    The world is divided into 10 kinds of people, who know binary and those not

Quote Originally Posted by dwasserman View Post
    I admit I do not have too much experience, but never able to establish a ipsec site to site vpn between 2 different brand devices. I am talking about cisco, fortinet, microsoft server, and drytek here.
    My suspect is with untangle ipsec version the "incompatibility issues" still.
    I have an IPSEC tunnel between my Astaro gateway and a Sonicwall... It's tricky but if you dot your i's and cross your t's it can be done. I had it done with Endian and the Sonicwall and Endian and Astaro at one point also.
    Dan

You may one day find something interesting here. Today is not that day. Tomorrow isn't looking too good either.

Well the point is conceded that supporting an IPSec module isn't going to be easy.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Well the point is conceded that supporting an IPSec module isn't going to be easy.
    No, I don't think it would be... You would have to help people build their connections when they know nothing about IPSEC. At least if history is any judge...
    Dan

You may one day find something interesting here. Today is not that day. Tomorrow isn't looking too good either.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast