Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ipsec!!!!!

I'm imagining hundreds of claims such as: why I can not connect a vpn tunnel from untangle to ............ (fill the dot line with the brand you love/hate)
    The world is divided into 10 kinds of people, who know binary and those not

we already get that every so often with OpenVPN =/

Myriad are the issues with VPN, the IPSec connectivity issues are utterly separate.

However, I think Untangle has a huge distinct advantage... a relatively stock Linux core with a horde of troubleshooting tools. The largest issue with the appliance based competition is a general lack of ability to see under the hood so you can figure out what is actually broken.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    The largest issue with the appliance based competition is a general lack of ability to see under the hood so you can figure out what is actually broken.
    That, I think, is one of my problems with Astaro. Basically you touch the CLI and the basically won't do anything for you. Sure the have a little log viewers within the web GUI but they are almost useless.

The only reason I continue to run it is that it's the best free firewall I have found with IPSEC support. I ran Endian for a while, and while the ability to dig deeper was better, their support and general quality of the product sucked.

Anyway, I'll shutted up a little bit now, ok?
    Dan

You may one day find something interesting here. Today is not that day. Tomorrow isn't looking too good either.

I wonder just how much of a missed opportunity Untangle is suffering under from the lack of IPSec. I know it's a demand, but I wonder if anyone really appreciates the nature of that demand.

I just *hate* that protocol... I can't be alone in that. But I also know that it's hard to convert an existing infrastructure over to Untangle when you have an IPSec mesh in place.
    NexgenAppliances.com

dxh
    Untangler

But it's good to feed the trolls!

And for the record my antiquated old HTC touch that hardly holds a battery charge anymore, is still doing RDP and other advanced functions that I haven't seen work on Android or iPhone, at least not for free. I've been very clear about this from the beginning if you read my posts. My phone works well for me. And this phone is on the way out, I think I'm going to snag Motorola's Droid X.

I couldn't tell you how many iPhone users I support in the field... no if there is a mobile device I can't stand, it's Blackberry. And that is only because BES ate two of my Exchange servers.

And I have no idea who the "other forums" are, but I certainly haven't seen the stigma you assign to these forums.

Untangle forums are professional, and efficient. If they are a bit cold, it's simply due to the technical nature of the conversation, combined with the passion of those that support this project. It is very rarely a bad thing.

Now if you wish to blame me for this, go ahead! I'm no perfect person, and I've certainly put my foot in my mouth a few times around here. I'll take my lashings for my stupidity, and my mistakes. Heaven knows the former knows no bounds, and the latter are innumerable!
    Try pocketcloud for Android. Free and bad ass. I use it to RDP all of the time.
    Now all I need is an openvpn app for android and I can really road warrior.

Has anyone heard of a good openvpn client for android? iphone has one (so if you only want IPSEC for the purpose of iphone connections then there is already a vpn solution)

dxh
    Untangler

I wonder just how much of a missed opportunity Untangle is suffering under from the lack of IPSec. I know it's a demand, but I wonder if anyone really appreciates the nature of that demand.

I just *hate* that protocol... I can't be alone in that. But I also know that it's hard to convert an existing infrastructure over to Untangle when you have an IPSec mesh in place.
    I hate it to. Open vpn is great because it works no matter where our employees are. Not many firewalls block ssl traffic, but a lot of public access points block ipsec/l2tp/pptp.

Far less support calls with openvpn.

My only wish is for untangle or someone to release an openvpn client for Android

I just did a quick google and found this...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tunneldroid/files/

No idea if it works or not... but the Wife and I are going to be picking up a pair of Droid X's next week. So I'll be working on it.
    NexgenAppliances.com

dxh
    Untangler

I just did a quick google and found this...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tunneldroid/files/

No idea if it works or not... but the Wife and I are going to be picking up a pair of Droid X's next week. So I'll be working on it.
    Oh man. If you figure that out throw me a bone. I tried but failed...
    If you get that working and post a how to, I will you

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by dxh View Post
    Oh man. If you figure that out throw me a bone. I tried but failed...
    If you get that working and post a how to, I will you
    there is an openvpn app in the market. requires root and a tun.ko module for your kernel

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast