Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ipsec!!!!!

Default Ipsec!!!!!

http://forums.untangle.com/feedback/...add-ipsec.html

So the above thread was back in 2008 it is now 2011 ???????????????

are you ever going to have a true VPN solution. even the Open VPN is limited compared to almost all other products?????????????

http://forums.untangle.com/feedback/...c-pptp-12.html

another one!!!!!!! and I do not give much value to Untangle employees that are obviously so windows biased that is actually starts to smell when reading the posts. Yuck!!!!

it's under active development!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also, we have just as many OSX & Linux users here.

edit: where do you see Untangle employee Windows bias?
    Last edited by hlarsen; 03-23-2011 at 09:39 AM.

aboyce, thanks for your thoughtful commentary.

In the future, please try to take a more respectful tone. We try to keep things nice around here.

If you're curious about the state of IPSEC development you may want to follow this bug here.

Lastly, out of the Untangle employees that regularly post in the forums, I believe only one uses Windows as his primary desktop, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.
    m.

Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.

It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look here if you want my advice on how to draw one.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111

Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Maybe the friend aboyce wish to finance the ipsec development
    The world is divided into 10 kinds of people, who know binary and those not

you know I take it back it was not an employee but rather a untangle ninja The fancy logo made me think he worked for you LOL

But he is very Windows Biased.. LOL

I would pay for the development if I can have 60% of the earnings of the IPSEC module when it is complete.

Untangle Ninja

sky-knight doesn't seem all that windows biased... he seems to be a fan of BSD actually.

anyhow, is it really bias to recognize that the vast majority of client PC's we have to deal with run Windows?
    Last edited by johnsonx42; 03-23-2011 at 09:21 PM.

I was going to say, if you're accusing me of Windows bias I have no clue where that's coming from. The only thing I have a Windows bias on is the process of gaming. Not that Linux and other OS's can't game, but getting WINE to cooperate is an order of magnitude more difficult than double click, install. When I get time to game, I like to game, not be an IT guy for an hour to get the game to work.

I've used about every freely available operating system on the market, and most of the paid ones. I don't care what is what, I care that it does the job.

Now, when I start waxing existential about stuff I'll go really anti-Apple... but when I go down that road I tend to be anti-everything because nothing is perfect.

So if you're accusing me of being buried up MS's arse, you're barking up the wrong tree. That or you've missed all of my tirades against MS somehow.

Anyway back on topic, IPSec is being worked on. When it's ready, it will be part of Untangle. And not a moment sooner. I haven't done anything with IPSec in forever, I've been too busy trying to grow the NG product line. However, I hear our friendly UT devs have been making progress on some new toys for 9.0! I like new toys, they're shiny.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast