Untangle Ninja

Default port forwarding: default to Advanced mode

I had to setup a bunch of port forwards last week, and like most of the ones I do they required Advanced mode. It drove me crazy to have to switch to Advanced Mode every single time, and accept the warning every single time.

How about one of two solutions:

1) Once the user switches to Advanced Mode in port forwarding for one rule, just default to Advanced Mode for all future rules (at least during that session). Maybe have a checkbox for it.

-OR-

2) If the user has switched the overall Networking configuration to Advanced already, then just assume the port forwards are going to be in Advanced Mode too and don't bother about it any more.
    Last edited by johnsonx42; 06-19-2011 at 12:52 AM.

I'm with you, I don't quite get why the port forwards are in "basic" mode by default when my servers are already in "advanced" mode. I'm so used to stacking up my own rules the "easy" way just drives me nuts. Fortunately, I don't have to do port forwards all that often, but when I was rebuilding my UT this week, it was getting old fast.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangle Ninja

thanks for pointing that out hlarsen. I have now voted, and added my $.02 there as well.

everyone vote please!