Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Well right now you can't make a platoon on a standard account. Platoons are groups of up to three tanks that play together in the random matches it sets up. So if you want to play with your buddies, you have to have at least one of you in a premium account. That costs gold, and is priced at similar levels to normal MMOs to maintain. ($15/Month)

Patch notes indicate the next patch, which is due around the end of the month, is supposed to allow standard accounts to make platoons of 2 people.

There are larger group options as well, but I haven't explored those. I play online with 2-3 people that have gotten bored with EVE and wanted something a bit more fast pace, that wasn't WoW.

Oh I almost forgot, there is another thread around here somewhere... but if you want to play WoT from behind your Untangle. You'll want to bypass everything UDP destined for 174.34.231.0/24.
    Last edited by sky-knight; 07-05-2011 at 09:20 AM.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

im downloading it right now, 1.9 gigs in 6:12 mins or so got to love it

Cross-post edit, make sure you get the final line in my previous post.
    NexgenAppliances.com

ok thank you for that info, i will make the needed changes now

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    but if you want to play WoT from behind your Untangle. You'll want to bypass everything UDP destined for 174.34.231.0/24.
    What issues did you have? I play WoT from my office..behind Untangle, I never had to do anything to get WoT running fine.

During the beta I had random lag and packet loss until I bypassed it. There is another thread around here with the details, but that class C belongs to WarGaming.net and UDP traffic bound for there is all game traffic. Not stuff you want to be scanning anyway.

That said, they have improved the servers immensely since then. I remember having to wait out that 30 second timer twice per match. That gets old.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Ahh...maybe since I've only recently started playing (past 2 months or so)...it's been on those upgraded servers...hence no performance problems on my end.

Untangler

Beta player here..
    From my side of things I have made no changes for WoT to pass through Untangle.
    Yes you can play fine without spending a dime but your kinda stuck grinding away on 1 tank to move onto the next in line. Unless your working a couple lines of tanks. Costs gold to convert experience, you can convert gold to $ to buy more stuff, buy premium accounts for platoons, or companies and etc, gold rounds... bla bla bla. We have quite a few on our team that refuse to buy gold, then there are those (like me) that have seemed to plop 180$ for extra gold and such. Its what us Battletech peeps call "Horizontal mechin".

You can get away with gaming behind your Untangle, as long as nothing else is going on.

I game behind an Untangle that is also protecting my server farm. So when I get a spam mail coming in, I don't want Untangle scanning the gaming sessions. Once the UVM slows down to deal with the spam the game latency skyrockets.

I'm really >< to suggesting that anyone using Untangle in a home environment, or an environment that does a lot of streaming, gaming, etc, to bypass anything UDP outbound. It just neatly side steps all of these issues forever and more, and I've not thought of a reasonable downside. Unless you've got a corporate block first policy anyway.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    I game behind an Untangle that is also protecting my server farm. So when I get a spam mail coming in, I don't want Untangle scanning the gaming sessions. Once the UVM slows down to deal with the spam the game latency skyrockets.
    Can't say I've seen a slowdown...and we filter approx 15k-20k e-mails per day, multiple VPN tunnels to clients, multiple WAN connections. My office computer is behind that rig. Course this past week we're having issues from the 9 upgrade...looks like we stumped 'em and we'll be paving the box and doing a fresh install.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast