Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Multiple Levels of Awesome

This is what happens when you have a properly built Untangle server...

So here I am, July 3, it's 30min until the 4th. I can't sleep, and I'm ripping it up in World of Tanks.

Then, out of the corner comes... a beep. For a moment I feel a pang of terror as I scramble to determine just exactly which server has rebooted itself without my request. Meanwhile, the WoT match has just started.

Ten seconds later I realize to my horror, that my Untangle server has been set for automatic upgrade. A setting I usually don't have, but my reload two weeks ago was more concerned with IP's, racks, and the myriad other settings... it went over looked. Sure enough, a quick flip of the KVM shows me a Linux console on the power down.

I watch helpless as my WoT client times out, my TS3 server goes dark, and Intouch Technology goes off the net. Now I'm biting my nails, will UT reboot? With the way my luck has been lately? 20 seconds later, the server is back online enough to pass traffic. Everyone on TS3 reconnects, WoT reconnects! I'm back in the game! Half my friendly tanks are down, I have two light tanks and a medium tank bearing in on me. I throw the network aside and rally to arms, spotting for the remaining artillery pieces and running my little m3 Stuart at the red line I manage to beat back the hostile tanks... I look up to see three of us left, 6 of them... I do the only thing a little scout tank can do... CHARGE!!!

Running all the way across the map I start capping the enemy base, my two buddies trying valiantly to hold off a portion of the enemy team. But two hostile artillery pieces are missing, seconds before I capture the base, they appear, shells start flying, one of them dies, and the round ends. Sky, walks away the victor.

My Untangle server? Happy rebooted and pushing packets just like it's supposed to. Automatic upgrades is now disabled.

8.1.1 to 9.0.1 in less time than it takes to finish a World of Tanks match, heck enough time to spare for me to ride high and kick some butt too! Multiple levels of awesome!

Happy 4th of July Untangle dev team. You guys have earned it. Now... I have me some more tanks to blow up!
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

I quit online gaming last summer...ever since we moved into our new house, my main gaming rig remains disconnected and sitting in a corner.

But a month or so ago someone mentioned WoT....I installed it on my desk rig at my office...gotta admit, kinda a fun game. I'm still quite new at it and learning tactics..haven't earned much cash yet so I'm still put putting around in the first 3 tin can pea shooting tanks that do nothing but get killed quickly.

what is this WOT you speak of, i love online gaming....Rob, please tell me some more

Quote Originally Posted by adrianp918 View Post
    what is this WOT you speak of, i love online gaming....Rob, please tell me some more
    http://www.worldoftanks.com/
    Runs in a window, 3rd person view, but sorta neat. Customize tanks in garage, purchase upgrades, sorta capture the flag gameplay.

It's Counter-Strike, in Tanks.

The developer of it is supposedly making World of Warplanes as well... which would likely keep me addicted for ages too.
    NexgenAppliances.com

whats the monthly subscription amount

I think I'm gonna give WOT a try. Sounds kinda fun.

I always loved capture the flag type games. It was my favorite thing about quake 1 multiplayer.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

my fave CTF game was unreal tournament, i still have a server running for all this time i occasionally play that when i am bored and between forum trolling and work

Quote Originally Posted by adrianp918 View Post
    whats the monthly subscription amount
    That's the best part. It's "F2P" Free to Play. There is a premium "currency" you buy with money that imparts different benefits. But you can do well without spending a dime. I haven't spent anything on it yet.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Key word being "YET" lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast