Thread: Email Archiving

Untanglit

Default Email Archiving

Email Archiving is becoming a big issue for schools. Considering how your spam filtering works (and works well) I think archiving would be a great addition.

I have found http://www.mailarchiva.com/ but do not have it set up. Figured I'd pass the info along.

-bj

I'd like to throw my support behind this as well. I think a mail archiving product would be a fantastic addition. I know we'd have to put something in the requirements, like a much bigger hard drive needed for this process, but as e-mail passes through, if this product could intercept and copy it down to archive, that would be an excellent addition.

I use another product right now, and it has a huge overhead on our Exchange servers. This would definitely help take some stress from our Exchange systems.

I looked at the Open Source Edition of the MailArchiva product that bj recommended, and it looks pretty cool.

--Terrell

thanks for the info, gonna try this out with SBS 2003 and Mdaemon

you know, it would be pretty neat to build one of those 1u servers that can fit 2 server boards in 1 chassis. Then you could have UT running in a bridge, with mail archiva running behind it, and have your spam filter and archive in 1 physical box.
    www.nexgenappliances.com
    Toll Free: 866-794-8879
    UNTANGLE STAR PARTNER
    Follow us at spiceworks!

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by proactivens View Post
    you know, it would be pretty neat to build one of those 1u servers that can fit 2 server boards in 1 chassis. Then you could have UT running in a bridge, with mail archiva running behind it, and have your spam filter and archive in 1 physical box.
    Can you send me a link to one of those? Do you show one on your site?
    Thats a cool idea.

Lannie

www.nexgenappliances.com
    Toll Free: 866-794-8879
    UNTANGLE STAR PARTNER
    Follow us at spiceworks!

Untangle Ninja

Very slick!!

I might have to find another home for my DL380 and go with one of those next year. Do you sell them? If so, we will go through you on them. VERY slick.

Lannie