Default A big 'Thank You!' to the UT team

I took over everything IT for a fairly small (40 user) company that has very poor security on anything. After some research and a recommendation from a friend, I repurposed an old Dell server into a new UT box.

Wow!
    The easiest install / configuration possible!
    I am impressed and can tell that there has been a LOT of work put into this project. I'm still analyzing all reports and find this data extremely helpful. If you don't have a serious Gateway device in place, install UT!

We will very likely be ordering the deluxe package before the trial ends.

Master Untangler deleted_account+118970@untangle.com's Avatar

+1 /Like

Hi Steve,

Thanks! I will pass along to the team.

Its nice to get these post every once in a while.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

My company bought the entire package.
    You guys make me look like an IT hero with just SPAM filtering. They don't even realize the immense help the reports have been to track down 'bad' users, rogue access, and a range of protocols that we need to be shut down.

Thanks goes out to the people offering help on the boards too. I quickly learned how to add a rack to allow the execs onto sites blocked by the default rack web filter.

Now to scrape together some hardware for a home UT setup...

Ut ftw!

i got 13 racks running myself now with a new parent rack for workstations and one for servers, and the default rack i plan to just block everything.
    kv-2 | UT 11.0.1 | Dell R610 Server | Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz Quad Cores | 24Gb DDR3 ECC | 1 Intel QPort NIC | Integrated Broadcom QP | Dell Perc 4i | 6 x 73G 2.5 15k SAS raid 10 | 100mb/100mb | 30mb/30Mb

Master Untangler deleted_account+118970@untangle.com's Avatar

I feel left out. Everyone on this thread has a moving avatar. They are all dancing to the music I am listening to right now.

Better?

But back on topic, I honestly don't know how to support businesses without Untangle anymore... So much extra work to keep things running, and I have to spend way too much time on site.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

lol!

I agree, i am glad that the days are slowing dieing when everyone thought you had to have some cisco device as your protection for a network and know complex command lines to do anything, people see a GUI and think it isn't safe, or isn't as good as X,Y,Z brand.

i hate our firebox, it was clunky, poorly laid out and could be confusing to get tight rules working.

UT for workstations and PFSense for servers / hosting and all is well!
    kv-2 | UT 11.0.1 | Dell R610 Server | Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz Quad Cores | 24Gb DDR3 ECC | 1 Intel QPort NIC | Integrated Broadcom QP | Dell Perc 4i | 6 x 73G 2.5 15k SAS raid 10 | 100mb/100mb | 30mb/30Mb