Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

And the answer is what? Spyware ridden Chrome?
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

More recent:
    http://imgur.com/WDxVc
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    That quite literally made me laugh right out of my chair!

Thanks Dirk, perfect way to top off a Monday!
    NexgenAppliances.com

since almost anywhere you go on the web your tracked anyways, i prefer Chrome for the speed and personally i don't mind IE 9 either, i wish most people would get off the "IE sucks" bandwagon considering the strides it has taken since v7 and from what i had read a few months back IE9 was actually the top rated, for once, for web standards and following them. I do hate how slow it is open, but FF is the same thing it seems, i stopped using FF full time back after their memory leaks "feature" they claim back in the 3.* builds, after that it was down hill for me, constant crashes, slow loading of pages et cetera.

I have been meaning to try out Opera again though..
    kv-2 | UT 11.0.1 | Dell R610 Server | Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz Quad Cores | 24Gb DDR3 ECC | 1 Intel QPort NIC | Integrated Broadcom QP | Dell Perc 4i | 6 x 73G 2.5 15k SAS raid 10 | 100mb/100mb | 30mb/30Mb

IE 9 does suck, it breaks PCs on install, can't render half of the Internet properly, and randomly blows up when browsing. I'm NOT an anti-IE guy, but when I have little old ladies volunteering at a church up the street ask me for something else because IE won't let them do what they need, I get a bit annoyed.

Firefox has been my weapon of choice for years, but the memory leaks in it are really getting on my nerves. They've gotten better... I have to leave a window open for a day before it's an issue instead of a few hours but it's still there.

Chrome... I don't allow my government to track me the way they do. And as far as I'm concerned the concept is illegal. Google is a great thing, but some of the things Google as a company is doing to the Internet at large is incredibly dangerous from a privacy perspective. I can't support it.

Opera?!? Safari?!? These guys only get raucous laughter because they think they've made a browser.
    NexgenAppliances.com

I have almost as many folks complain about FF as I do about IE. Fact is it used to be several sites we use would only render well in IE (these are all external to us, so we just view them), however FF got better at it, so did Chrome, Iron (based on chrome with google stripped out), Opera..etc. That being said I usually have almost all of the browsers on my machine to test, and fact is they all fail! Which one fails more? That depends on what website you go to. IE has come a long way, they still have a way to go, but in regards to FF I got annoyed with the memory leak and then the 3 days it started to take to open it (even on new machines). Chrome/Iron are fast, but as sky-knight said in regards to Chrome I dont like the tracking, thus I use Iron, the drawback is there is no automatic checks with it for updates, or notification of updates (like in FF or Chrome).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12