Master Untangler

Default Central Managing Place

We have about 70 untangle boxes and its kind of a pain to monitor them all since there is no central place that they are housed. The reports are great don't get me wrong but it can be a little hectic trying to manage every single box we have with untangle.

It would be kind of cool if they had an app that allowed you to be the center for all your untangle boxes. I don't know exactly how that would work considering the reports are all separate but hey its an idea. Every beginning of the week I go through about 70 reports; an all day project. (not to mention log in and log out, along with email box getting full errors.).

Not that long ago I would have thought this idea was too far away from the typical usage pattern to warrant developer time, but now that IPSec is working I can see wanted to deploy untangle to branch offices and managing numerous installations from the central office as something that will be more common. All you really need is a dashboard that shows the four widgets at the very top right of the administration screen, plus a link to connect to the full administration screen for the box.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 15.1.0 to protect 500Mbits for ~450 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

Master Untangler

That's actually an idea we were throwing around at the office. A dashboard that controls all the untangle boxes.

We are about to begin work on this project. It will be released in stages over the course of this year.

Bob

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BobW View Post
    We are about to begin work on this project. It will be released in stages over the course of this year.

Bob
    You've just made me very happy! :-)

Default Cool. Just remember...

Quote Originally Posted by Pablum View Post
    You've just made me very happy! :-)
    Keywords = ["stages" "year"]

Bob

Still happy.

Keywords = ["still" "happy"]

As am I, it's a feature desperately needed to aid MSPs in their quest to manage piles of customers with no staff.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Default touche

Quote Originally Posted by Pablum View Post
    Still happy.

Keywords = ["still" "happy"]
    touche