Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Untangler

I can confirm that restore DEFINITELY restores previous NIC settings. When I did my restore on a new machine it lost my NICs and came back with, now physically uninstalled, NICs that it could not know anything about apart from the restore data.

It restores MAC address information with those NICs, it also restores Internal and External. However, all other interfaces are unconfigured post restore for me.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    The interface configuration is linked to the MAC address.
    If the NIC does not exist on the restore machine the configuration for that NIC will not be restored.
    Just caused me a whole sunday of grief. Trying to restore UTF on a backup machine and nothing worked or partially worked if a bring on of the old USB nic from the old box to the new. The config backup is usless if I can restore UTF & a ton of PAT rules to the new box which will have a different NIC.

The backup will work if you reconfigure the networking section after restoring. There will be a banner at the top of the networking page asking to reconfigure interfaces.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

I can confirm that the restore does work, if you are restoring to the exact same hardware then everything will show up as expected including the network interfaces. If you restore to a machine that is different, then after the restore you will have to reconfigure your network interfaces but everything else is there and it's best to make the naming from the original box to the new box otherwise you may need to update your Port Forwarding, Firewall Rules, etc. if you have specified any network interfaces.

I had a client hard drive fill up and could not boot the system, managed to copy off the backup, reinstalled Untangle and restored the backup, restarting and they were very happy!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12