Thread: Session Viewer

Master Untangler

Default Session Viewer

I notice that when using session viewer it demolishes the performance of my PC. I use firefox/chrome for the most part. No issues before I open session viewer but after I open it the cpu load skyrockets. Even if I close session viewer inside of Untangle it still leaves my browser in a state of high cpu usage and lockups. The only way around this is the close the browser and start a new one.

Any ideas or input?

Master Untangler

I have tested this on both my desktop and laptop here at work. Both machines are good hardware, i5's 4+GB of ram Win7.

Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

This corrects the issue of not being able to see the session viewer which support applied to my machine earlier.

Now I am facing performance issues from my browser after using session viewer. Basically after using session viewer firefox/chrome start to eat cpu averaging around 50% cpu. This won't go away until I restart the browser.

This is not effecting the Untangle server, but my local machine. Only happens after using session viewer.

Sorry, just pointing out the obvious.

My machine isn't comparable at this point because it seems my desktop has finally succumbed to the damage sustained by the virus I got earlier this year.

Firefox has been acting up as of late. However, I'm going to suggest that you take a peek in add / remove programs and make sure you only have 1 version of firefox installed. I've found several lately with 15, and 15.0.1 installed at the same time. The "automatic" upgrade failed. Yanking them both and installing a fresh Firefox 16 cured several issues.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

Yep I had two firefox's installed. removed both and installed latest. This did correct the issue with slowness after closing session viewer. When using session viewer it is still very slow and sky rockets the cpu on any PC I use. I will leave that as normal behavior as its loading 2000+ sessions.
    Last edited by AdamB; 10-10-2012 at 11:19 AM.