Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Master Untangler

Default Any progress on IOS VPN?

Just checking in to see if any progress has been made in offering a way for IOS users to VPN using UT.
    Thanks

it works without jailbreaking?

Untanglit

it seens so, but i can't transfer the config...
    i can't transfer the folder, only files....

Quote Originally Posted by trans_lux View Post
    Just checking in to see if any progress has been made in offering a way for IOS users to VPN using UT.
    Thanks
    Any progress on Apple creating tech that inter-operates with other stuff over all?
    M.I.B. likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

apple has no intention of doing that..they'd have to change their business model and that' snot happening anytime soon..

Well current versions of iOS DO have a VPN api as does Droid from Ice cream Sandwich and newer.

So now that both of them finally got thier proverbial heads out of their collective arses, we're waiting on OpenVPN to get us working mobile clients. I know we've had the droid side working, but configuring the client is still a giant pain. I suspect the situation on the iOS front is exactly the same. You can install the app, and it likely works fine, but configuring it to connect to anything is an issue. OpenVPN's use of certificates makes app level configuration tough. The nature of no root, almost means only shared key style authentication is sane.

I do wonder if this will be part of OpenVPN's AS server, because some sort of autodelivery mechanism for the certificates is what's missing to make this "easy".
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untanglit

so no chance to use ut with the app ?

Untangle Ninja

someone commented "So far it has worked great with our Untangle / OpenVPN configuration.". I suspect the trick is simply getting the openvpn profile onto the phone; another commenter said they used DropBox to transfer their openvpn profile from pfsense, the same would probably work for UT.

edit: also you might have to edit the .opvn file and remove the path for the certificate files; by default they're stored under a directory "untangle-vpn", but I'm not sure if the iOS client would understand that (or where that folder would actually be). I'm not saying I've tried this client, I don't have an iAnything device. I did once configure the webOS openvpn client (essentially the linux client compiled for ARM), and I know I had to mess with the certificate path to make it work.
    Last edited by johnsonx42; 01-28-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Master Untangler

Hum! Has anyone actually got it to work?
    I'll throw-up a UT box and give it a shot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast