Untangler

Question UTM Device Aggregation - Single Pane of Glass

We're starting to get some decent trials and installs floating around out there. Even getting some dual-wan and point to point VPN in the works. Has anyone put any thought into a NOC dashboard type system for these UT devices that are out there? I start to see issues with keeping lots of tabs open all at the same time. Something like http://www.alienvault.com/ or SonicWall's Global System Whatever.

With the paid modules doing real-time network IDS it would be nice to have a central dashboard.

I think the target market of Untangle Inc is the Small and Medium Business and/or Education. I can be wrong but I do not think any company in the list of Fortune 1000 use Untangle as its main edge protection.
    The feature you request is nice and useful, but is more for the corporate.
    As rough as there are several threads of conversation about turning centralized management in the forum, for example this:
    http://forums.untangle.com/feedback/...ll-server.html
    The world is divided into 10 kinds of people, who know binary and those not

Untangler

I need a product I can manage as our Security MSP business grows. I am not sure I can rely on Morning After reports for very long. Looks like a year and a half ago there was talk of a management dashboard. Maybe we can get a roadmap?

There are a number of users to do have multiple Untangle's at multiple offices, and I've heard a rumor that a unified management option is in the works.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 16.5.2 to protect a 1Gbps fiber link for ~450 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

That's the scuttlebutt anyway... We're supposed to see centralized monitoring, and to follow centralized management. Integrated with the Untangle store account. But there are no details as to when.

Right now I think Untangle is busting buts to get us 10.0 on an updated Debian. That's not a short order in and of itself!
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

In the meantime are many Syslog/SMNP products in the market (some freeware too) to gain a central console.
    The world is divided into 10 kinds of people, who know binary and those not