Master Untangler

Default Sigh -- Still waiting on ticket responce

I can't recall how many posts I have made about tickets not getting attention. Here I am again with two tickets not being answered. Both of which have been "owned" by someone at untangle, but not getting a response is starting to tick me off. We pay very good money for our subscription and I would like them to be answered in a timely manner. Ownership was taken on the most recent 3 days ago, and I have yet to even receive a response.

Do we need to take our business else where or is untangle going to start taking care of tickets in a timely manner? I sure am glad this isn't something which is urgent.

Untangle Ninja

AdamB,

I guess that UT staff will ask you for the ticket number so they can follow up on this.

And from a personal point i would be interest in hearing the nature of your ticket.

I just pinged the support team to review your case. You should have contact shortly.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by WebFooL View Post
    AdamB,

I guess that UT staff will ask you for the ticket number so they can follow up on this.

And from a personal point i would be interest in hearing the nature of your ticket.
    Our UT has been running strong for about a year now. Monday I got a call that our internet was down. Got on the box and it was very sluggish, CPU load was through the rough and I didn't have the time to really dig in. My only option was a reboot. Once it came back all was well, but there was a large amount of kernel messages in the logs which had me concerned.

Just getting tired of opening tickets and getting a response 50% of the time, the other 50% I make post on here and I get a response within 30 minutes. I am sure calling would get me to a resolution faster, but honestly don't have the time and email is just far more convenient.

I do appreciate the help!
    Last edited by AdamB; 09-19-2013 at 12:11 PM.

The ticket you described will take several days to investigate. I think you're being a bit silly here.

I called support yesterday to get a root password reset on my box that got goofed with a screwy keyboard... they were all over it and I was out the door in minutes. Now, my issue was far simpler, but what do you want?

Was remote support enabled on the box so they could look? The only way to confirm they can get in is by calling them.

I think you're expecting magic, if you want issues resolved with any vendor you have to communicate effectively. That's on you, not the vendor to perform.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    The ticket you described will take several days to investigate. I think you're being a bit silly here.

I called support yesterday to get a root password reset on my box that got goofed with a screwy keyboard... they were all over it and I was out the door in minutes. Now, my issue was far simpler, but what do you want?

Was remote support enabled on the box so they could look? The only way to confirm they can get in is by calling them.

I think you're expecting magic, if you want issues resolved with any vendor you have to communicate effectively. That's on you, not the vendor to perform.
    Which I completely understand. What you are missing is the fact that they didn't respond to the ticket at all. They should have atleast updated the ticket and said it was being looked into, but nothing was said. I also have had a number of other tickets in the past which don't even get picked up. You can stick up for UT support all you want, but the way my tickets have been handled speak for them selves.

This isn't the first post I have had to make in order to get support moving, go ahead have a look. I find it interesting that I can go days without a responce, then make a post and have one within 10 minutes. Just doesn't add up.