Default 64bit 9.4.2 to 64bit 10.0

Congratulations Untangle

We have a mutual customer, in a library that is local to my location. I'll leave them nameless here for sanity sake.

This site is operating one of my xeon based appliances, and had been running 9.4.2. This device has been suffering from a random locking condition since deployment, as had several devices before it. We all know about the random silliness that plagues 9.4 on larger networks. Well, 9.4.2 didn't help them, they were still crashing. So they decided to switch to 10.0.

I have a screen shot from this facility that indicates:
    18 Hours of uptime (it locks at a random interval so no idea if the new OS has "fixed" that issue yet)

6,844 current network sessions

Now, here's where the congratulations come in.

The unit is equipped with, a Xeon E3-1225 V2 3.2ghz quad core CPU, and 16GB of RAM.

Those 6,844 sessions?

Load: .09, 0.22, 0.16
    Used RAM: 2,334.16MB

The default rack is populated with only the Web Filter, and Application Control.

The Admin that is responsible for the device is reporting these statistics to be 50% less than 9.4.

You guys keep this up and I'm going to have to respec my entire appliance line in the downward direction!
    Jim.Alles likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangle Ninja

nice. sounds like 10.0 will make my existing dual-core 1.6ghz Atom appliances only better.

So far ours are rocking it, but there are only a handful out there. Other than some confusion of how to get an Untangle 10 OpenVPN client to connect to an Untangle 9 server, I haven't had any problems hit my desk yet.

I do need an IGB module update, the new ivy bridge stuff requires VERY recent drivers. I figure if I'm going to update IGB, I should also update e1000e, ixgbe, ixgbevf, and igbvf as well.

We have a device going out that's got four 10gbit fiber NICs in it and they are working stock! But, it never hurts to get a current driver. It's almost embarrassing that the NICs giving me trouble are Intel Gigabit Copper. i350 family to be specific.
    Last edited by sky-knight; 09-27-2013 at 10:38 AM.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com