Default 10.2 sneak preview?

So we are thrilled with 10.1. Great job you guys. I'm quite impressed by the progress we've seen from Untangle NG in the last 6 months.

I just reviewed the bugzilla with all items marked for the 10.2 milestone. Are there any other nuggets we can already look forward to? We're not in a hurry, as 10.1 is a product I'm so happy with, I think we'll have plenty of fun with increased deployments of it over the next several months. But still it's fun to know what might be coming down the pipe-line.

I would definitely be interested in seeing more MSP-centric functionality, as we start deploying more & more NGs in a standardized fashion as the MSP business grows.

I'm talking about things like:
    1. Policy-based configurations, configuration templates, etc. As we plan to continue to deploy more & more NGFWs as a part of our MSP business growth (and standardizing on Untangle), it will save us a lot of time if we can reduce the amount of time spent adding some of the same configuration changes, bypass rules, etc. on every box.
    2. Cloud management console. Multi-tenant management & statistics. I know that we currently can do a syslog dump, and that is something we will probably be setting up for all MSP clients to upload logging to in the next few months, but I think Untangle's devs could do so much more to make a powerful solution for this...
    3. Better multi-user administration (i.e. perhaps a logging/auditing system so that we can see which admins logged into NG, and what they did while they were in. This paper trail would be nice. Also account lock-out (at least temporary) would be nice.

A few other feature enhancements I'd like to see are:
    1. A protection/security mechanism based on the IP addresses of countries around the world. Not many of our customers need to be having people from China trying to log into their network, VPN, etc.
    2. SPAM filter not breaking SMTP STARTTLS (i.e. we lose email encryption/privacy by using NG's spam filter).

But overall I must say I'm quite happy with the improvements. The flexibility afforded in v.10, and now significant further enhancements in v.10.1 have caused me to cancel my plans to evaluate Watchguard & Fortinet. At this point, we're an Untangle NG shop full steam ahead.

Thanks again guys and great job with your product!

Master Untangler

DK, Untangle will never have country blocking, the higher ups don't believe in that feature. You will have to move to Sophos UTM to get that. I love it. I have 14 countries that I can get to and or can get to me. I love that feature.

Well I hope they do add it. :-)