Untangler

Default Add Local DNS server function?

A handy thing to include might be a local DNS server to speed response of users on a local LAN. A new open source product called Unbound DNS server might be useful.
    gr

Untangle has a DNS server function.... or are you wanting it to host zone information?

Master Untangler

host zone info would be really nice for those like me who prefer to host their own websites at their home or place of business

thats just my opinion

DNS hosting is a violation of my cable terms and conditions... even with a commercial connection. All that said, it would be nice if we had some kind of option for a fully featured DNS server.. but really... with the ease at which you can configure a FreeBSD server to specialize for that role.. and the low footprint such a configuration uses in a VM environment.. I would still just use the other server for that function.

My personal favorite tactic for DNS hosting is 3 servers... 2 FreeBSD slave servers that handle all the public stuff. They both pull thier zone data from a 2000/2003 dns server that isn't Internet accessible. That way I get my point and click edit and change capacities but the security and stability of the Unix solution doing the work.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Oh-Boy!!!! DNS cacheing is built-in!!!! I missed it because I do DHCP elsewhere on the network. It seems to be slick and easy and fast!!
    Thanks!
    GR