Default Can we catch you before the release of pricing is set in stone?

Can we catch Untangle to make another drastic move to better their position in the market? How you say?

Quite a lot of people on the Sophos forums are looking for a new UTM because Sophos will be switching their UTM over to a clone of Cyberoam in the coming years. They bought Cyberoam, so they have to wreak something with it.... Their new XG version. Very few people like it. I know it is very Beta, but we all know it will be a Cyberoam clone that has and Alienvault GUI design and who really liked Cyberoam anyway? Not many. It is a done deal and many see Sophos flying this loaded plane right into the ground because of the love for their new Cyberoam clone. Many partners are trying to find alternitives before UTM 9 gets dropped. (RIP)

There are many home users that help sell and upsell UTM9 to their work and to others by having used it at home in an almost full version of use form. Untangle NG is SO detuned in the free version form their really is no comparison.

Since you are coming out with new pricing next month that is what we can see as more reasonable then before. Can Untangle try to grab some market share from Sophos by offering a MORE ADVANCED free version. AKA with the paid version of Web Filter, and the paid version of BitDefender AV for use by a "HOME VERSION"of Untangle? This would at least make the home version have some "gravitas" unlike the free version now that is so weak. It's not like you are giving up a ton of stuff that would stop people buying the more advanced packages. You would just be adding Web Filter and BitDefender AV to what is free now. All the other stuff you have to have if you are partner and selling it to business. SO the Home version is still very "crippled" when compared with your full version of Untangle NG. You just updated your free version to have some balls to it, instead of being anemic.

Just a thought, can you consider upping your free "home version" to actually have some gravitas?
    Last edited by dmorris; 01-19-2016 at 03:20 PM.

I can't give you details, but I will tell you this isn't necessary. You will be quite happy when the new prices drop.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    I can't give you details, but I will tell you this isn't necessary. You will be quite happy when the new prices drop.
    Every time I hear about this new pricing, I get excited and ask why I haven't tried to setup as a reseller through my consulting business..

You should, it's a good club to be in.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Master Untangler

Complete thread hijack then, but what's all involved with that? My consulting is honestly an extremely minor setup, mostly for tax reasons. This something that it could support?

Just contact sales and ask, they'll have all the stuff at hand.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tedster View Post
    I know it is very Beta, but we all know it will be a Cyberoam clone that has and Alienware GUI design and who really liked Cyberoam anyway? Not many. It is a done deal and many see Sophos flying this loaded plane right into the ground because of the love for their new Cyberoam clone. Many partners are trying to find alternatives before UTM 9 gets dropped. (RIP)

Oops....Edit time has passed, so I want to correct something. The Sophos XG GUI is a copy of AlienVault not Alienware.

I edited it for you.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com