Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Untanglit

Default Question and Request

Hi,

I would like to request for some extended period for untangle trail version (about a week).

Besides, I would also like to ask regarding centralization of untangle appliance. Is Untangle available to be centralized control by a single unit?

To extended a trial, open a support ticket by clicking the support tab to the right of this post.

There is no centralize management at this time.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

Hi jcoffin,

I had sent a support ticket via the support tab as you mentioned. Thank you.

I had encounter several post mentioned Untangle able to do centralize management such as
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/untan...eNoSplash=true

PS: If I applied Untangle at several places (geometrically spaced with minimum of 100km away), can the same license being used.
    PS2: Is it possible to connect all the Untangle at several places to one main Untangle Server through Directory Connector or Open VPN / IPsec VPN?

Untanglit

Or Is it possible for the attached network architecture to work.

PS: The end users location will be very far away from the untangle server

Capture.PNG

You can use untangle with the network diagram image you posted, but there's a lot of magic (VPNs?) going on those circle-X's to make it happen. Additionally, you're adding latency to all of your sites and the site hosting your untangle server would effectively need to provision for double the total combined bandwidth use of your sites
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 15.1.0 to protect 500Mbits for ~450 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

Untanglit

Hi jcoehoorn,

The circle-X represent router. So, will it works?

PS: I also believed the WAN will be route using optic fibre cable.

Quote Originally Posted by SAINS_Justin View Post
    PS: If I applied Untangle at several places (geometrically spaced with minimum of 100km away), can the same license being used.
    Each Untangle needs a license. Location is not a relevant, just the number of devices processed by the Untangle.

Quote Originally Posted by SAINS_Justin View Post
    PS2: Is it possible to connect all the Untangle at several places to one main Untangle Server through Directory Connector or Open VPN / IPsec VPN?
    OpenVPN site to site cannot be configured for full tunnel, only individual device OpenVPN can do full tunnel. It might be possible with IPsec and special routing rules but I would not recommend it.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

Hi jcoffin,

How about the network architecture which had been shown in the pic. above?

Will it be alright to set up Untangle in such position where router is represented by the circle with a X in it?

Untangle Ninja

SAINS_Justin,

Yes you can set it up like that.

Untangle is just a Firewall appliance if you have a distributed WAN where you have all the connections going to one point and there to the internet then you can just have 1 Untangle protecting the hole WAN.

Untangle in a "Inline Device" so if you can put it in line in your topology it will work.

Untanglit

Thanks WebFooL,

The concern over here is regarding of user authentication.

If I set the system as shown in the diagram, is it possible that user able to authenticate themselves when they wish to access internet while not needed to authenticate themselves when browsing thru the intra-network which had been set-up.

PS: Currently, I am using Captive Portal to perform User Authentication, if there is alternative way, please tell me so. Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast