Default Terrible experience with v12

This past Tuesday evening, I upgraded our Untangle to v12. Seemed to go without a hitch. I did not reboot then - didn't think about doing so.
    Last night, I dropped in new network switches and rearranged some PDU's in my rack. To move the PDU's, I first had to power down everything - servers, switches, NAS. So the Untangle was shut down for probably 2 hours.

Upon booting, the Untangle seemed to be fine. Then I went into Config/Network/Interfaces just to doublecheck things, and noticed a VLAN interface I had created as a test earlier in the day. Without thinking much about it, I clicked the X to delete that VLAN interface and hit Apply.

And that crashed Untangle.
    Then a hard reboot after the crash didn't do anything either. I am guessing the new kernel is related to all this, but dunno.
    This was at 12:30 or so this morning, and I had the inglorious experience of having to reinstall Untangle and restore a backup. I had a backup on a thumb drive, but I don't know how to navigate to that thumb drive in Debian. No idea. So I used the cloud backup that Untangle makes automatically each day. Fortunately, there was a v12 backup from Wednesday afternoon.

That worked and got Untangle up. But the Untangle is still showing trial apps, even though my Untangle.com account shows I have the Full Subscription and shows that subscription assigned to this specific server.

3 gripes:
    1. Deleting a VLAN interface crashes Untangle? Please. Thanks a lot for all the headache, Untangle.
    2. Why doesn't the Untangle.com account have a big button for restore? I had to download the backup file to the server, then click the downloads in the browser to see the download, then click Show In Folder, then copy the folder path and then paste that into the file path field in Untangle's restore function. Unless I'm missing something. But the Untangle.com account should make this easy - a big button beside the backup saying Restore This Backup Now with a restore wizard.
    3. Why doesn't the Untangle, with the restore and all and my Untangle.com account showing a subscription on this server, figure this out and see this subscription on this server so the apps are full-blown apps, not trial apps?
    Lonnie, in Bird-in-Hand, Pennsylvania, a Firefighter to the Core (i7)
    Owner - Kauffman Orchards

Sorry about that.

1) I'm not sure what happened. Are you sure you just couldn't reach it because you deleted the interface you need to reach it?

3) Often people restore the same settings on many devices. Settings do not include your subscriptions. You need to transfer your subscription to the new server. While the new server has the same settings, it is not the same as the old server. (This one has a new UID even if its a reinstall on the same hardware)
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Yikes.

Just for my own curiosity, how many interfaces does the box have, and was the VLAN on WAN or something internal?

When you can afford the time, it might be good to open a support ticket...

truly sorry for the loss of sleep.

Dmorris - I was local, in the server room using the local GUI with a KVM, not connected via LAN. The VLAN wasn't even in use; I only created it during prep for a pending VLAN project. I understand your point about the UID, so that explains some of my angst. But still, can't there be a real quick "Restore This Backup Now" function.

Jim.Alles - 3 interfaces; 2 WAN, 1 LAN. This VLAN was on the internal.
    Lonnie, in Bird-in-Hand, Pennsylvania, a Firefighter to the Core (i7)
    Owner - Kauffman Orchards