Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

It is my understanding that all complete subscriptions, including that of home will have that module once fully available. However, because the home subscription cannot be resold, they will not appear in my management panel by default. I'm sure a process will arise to address that, and home users will be left to purchase third party support time, or open tickets with Untangle. The latter is what happens in the vast majority of cases. Which is also fine, once Untangle gets the uPnP stuff nailed down, Untangle will be near perfect for home use and I'd love to see it make more inroads there.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

I agree with all of that.

1. Upnp appears to be close (although doesn't work at all for me yet, so not completely done yet).
    2. In my opinion there definitely needs to be a way to get 3rd party paid support for home users.
    Last edited by JasonJoel; 02-22-2017 at 12:48 PM.

Master Untangler

Does CNN own Techradar?

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    ... that's what you get with modern "journalism".
    IT "fake news"
    ...Rick

Untangle Ninja

They claim Sophos is the best because it's free.... how is it free? I can't find anything on Sophos' site saying it's free. They have a 30-day trial.

Master Untangler deleted_account+152373@untangle.com's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    They claim Sophos is the best because it's free.... how is it free? I can't find anything on Sophos' site saying it's free. They have a 30-day trial.
    Sophos utm/xg home is free. Just google sophos utm home (UTM is free up to 50 IP) XG no limit

Untangle Ninja

yeah, I've found it now... of course that is the home-use license, so you can't use it in a business. I suppose a lot of people do it anyway, but then a lot of people use unlicensed copies of windows, office, everything else too.

I tried Sophos many times, I try to like it, I really tried, but for some reason I keep getting put off

A other thing about sophos that sucks is to buy a license, you can't do it the way Untangle does buy it online, they kept sending me to resellers that do not respond and the one that responded gave me 200 questions just to give me the pricing I ended up giving up, maybe I gave up to soon cos I was not interested that much

Master Untangler

Well, many homes (myself and many of my friends for sure) have more than 50 IP addresses in use by the time you add up TiVo, phones, tablets, gaming consoles, Kindle's, Nest Protect smoke alarms, TVs, Blu-ray players, etc etc etc

Once you go above 50 IP, Untangle is dramatically cheaper than Sophos for home use...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast