Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

No subscriptions were changed.
    We stopped selling the $5/mo variant, as its not economical to do transactions that small.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Good luck with the crapball that is sophos XG now. That is a rebadged cyberoam product. I used to be a silver partner with Sophos and used both products..SG and XG and they are both crap.

But how do you really feel?
    jcoehoorn, abailey and Jim.Alles like this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

$5 / month? With at least $1 per authorization plus whatever percentage is stolen from the merchant via the card holder's "rewards"?

Yeah... you'd better believe that junk is expensive, I'm honestly surprised Untangle can pull it out for $50 a year.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

I am not in the IT biz, but have used Untangle since 8.0?? I wanted more and went to Sophos UTM 8 then 9. When XG cam out I jumped on and slipped on the ShipT. I still watched UT forums and got an inclining a Home version was coming. The minute I saw the pricing I switched. While I got most everything running on Sophos it was not fun. Untangle "just works" kind of Apple-esq. I am here as long as it is priced right for the home user and it is not crippled or detuned. The old free UT version was next to worthless when Sophos Home was around for free.

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    $5 / month? With at least $1 per authorization plus whatever percentage is stolen from the merchant via the card holder's "rewards"?
    Credit card fees are a cost of doing business in modern day society.

I entirely understand the justification for dumping the $5/month option (and $50/year is so much more convenient). But I really cringe when merchants complain about credit cards. It's a cost of doing business. Just like having this forum up and running 24/7.

(I won't debate that credit card fees are expensive, because they are. But that shouldn't be a surprise to merchants who decide to accept them. I also am not insinuating that Untangle staff is complaining about credit card fees. I was referring to merchants in general.)

Well yeah, but the reality of CC fees destroys small purchases. The resulting price amplification across the board isn't terribly positive for the consumer.

Now that we've got chip readers going out, and merchants are adopting them the fraud rates will fall and I think we'll see costs normalize. That will help!
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by ctaranto View Post
    Credit card fees are a cost of doing business in modern day society.

I entirely understand the justification for dumping the $5/month option (and $50/year is so much more convenient). But I really cringe when merchants complain about credit cards. It's a cost of doing business. Just like having this forum up and running 24/7.

(I won't debate that credit card fees are expensive, because they are. But that shouldn't be a surprise to merchants who decide to accept them. I also am not insinuating that Untangle staff is complaining about credit card fees. I was referring to merchants in general.)
    For my business less than 5% of my transactions incoming are CC anymore. It is just too high. Most of my client actively refuse to pay via CC and do so by check. it works for me becuase it costs me less than a dollar per check to deposit them via my phone...

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    But how do you really feel?
    badly enough about them to have purchased my own untangle home license once i figured out what was going on with Sophos. A
    sophos home license is free with a 50 ip limit. As a former partner though I would advise against their product as they have a problem with their http proxy that could have very bad consequences:

https://www.etc-md.com/archives/4708

Sophos's response was to essentially blacklist me when i reported this privately...so i went public with it. When the SG firewall was astaro it was a great company..Sophos however is not. Grab untangle and run..it might not be free..but it's worth it.

Yeah, I was teasing - but we appreciate your support.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234