Untanglit

Default Looking forward to greater IPv6 support

Starting to see more and more scenarios where the lack of full IPv6 support is causing some challenges. I love the new v13 interface but am wondering when we can see better IPv6 support.

Recently I noticed that our backhauling solution for one of our clients was easily and inadvertently circumvented when their computer picked up an IPv6 address and happily routed the traffic directly to the servers with no filtering or policies applied.

Any news on this? Bug report just says "planned."

Garrett

I wasn't really able to get a good picture on what's supported with IPv6 and what's not. The wiki is very vague there (i'm new to untangle).

As IPv6 is pretty essential for me in a Firewall in the year 2017, would you mind of giving me a quick rundown on what "challenges" you see and what major features work/do not work with Untangle?

Thanks
    Michel

http://wiki.untangleit.net/index.php/IPv6

everything about ipv6 is functional.

there are a bunch of extras that aren't supported like layer-7 scanning, dhcpv6, v4-to-v6 tunnels, etc.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com