Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Untangler

Default Apple password reset blocked

Hi,

Don't know where else to post this, but if I navigate to

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Then I get a 403 Forbidden Shield screen. Disabled Shield in the system configuration and still get the same message...

Untangle Ninja

Hmm… I can't reproduce that using Safari. The only concession I have to apple.com is in Ad Blocker.

Is there a browser plug-in or maybe a browser security feature that could be doing that? 403 Forbidden I understand, but not Shield.

403 Forbidden comes from a web server not Untangle. I honestly doubt Untangle is at fault here, perhaps a viral infection on the station in question?
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Tried it again, and it works..., very strange... (virus unlikely.., I don't have any windows machines on my network !)

Untangle Ninja

Yes, strange. Must have been some cause at Apple's end that involves this unknown "Shield." It's true that the server is the source of the 403 response, but it's in response to a request from the client end. Maybe "Shield" was blocking all such requests to the server for a period of time.

The shield just drops packets, it works at layer 3. It doesn't parse HTTP nor spoof HTTP responses. This has nothing to do with Untangle.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Quote Originally Posted by tescophil View Post
    Tried it again, and it works..., very strange... (virus unlikely.., I don't have any windows machines on my network !)
    I'm going to be honest, I read this and I laughed long and hard that there is still someone out there ignorant enough to think that viruses are the province of Windows...

Apple, crashes differently. Yes, there is malware out there that targets Apple users. Yes, it causes damage, and yes these things are real.

Ignore your AV reality at your own peril, hopefully you have a full Untangle subscription so Web Filter can work its magic and keep you clean.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    The shield just drops packets, it works at layer 3. It doesn't parse HTTP nor spoof HTTP responses. This has nothing to do with Untangle.
    Agreed. It's insight into what "403 Forbidden Shield" actually means that we're lacking.

google can provide that insight.
    its clearly an apple issue.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=%224...dden+shield%22
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangle Ninja

Interesting that there are results. I looked at the top of the topic in DuckDuckGo and nothing. Just saying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast