Master Untangler

Default mDNS Reflector feature request

https://forums.untangle.com/feedback...tml#post212602

I'd second this closed request for mDNS reflector functionality in NGFW :-)

... Many schools are using AirPlay to Apple TV or AirServer and a simple mDNS reflector setup on Untangle would save having to set up a dedicated linux server (or VM) to run the avahi daemon.

Master Untangler

I also set up a separate VM running avahi to do this. Which is really unfortunate as this is really an edge router function.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Master Untangler

Ruckus (Brocade) ZoneFlex systems appear to have SmartWay p.8

Ruckus SmartWay is a new Wi-Fi
    software technology that not only simplifies the administration and optimization of service
    discovery traffic such as Apple Bonjour and Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) protocols
    over smart Wi-Fi networks, it also supports advanced facilities to restrict or “fence” these
    services to a given AP, a group of APs, or a particular geographic area
    I haven't seen SmartWay on my own customers' sites where they are using (older) managed Ruckus systems (ZD1100/1200 with ZF7363/7372 APs) but there again I've never looked!

UBNT support mDNS on their Edge Router and UniFi Security Gateway
    Last edited by sharrisonUK; 11-22-2017 at 01:36 PM.

Master Untangler

For HP Aruba switches p13:

Bonjour Gateway
    Hewlett Packard Enterprise's mDNS Gateway solution supports Apple's Bonjour protocol to the switch.
    The mDNS gateway, running on a switch, will listen for Bonjour responses and Bonjour queries and forward them
    to different subnets. Its main function is to forward Bonjour traffic between different subnets (reflector). For more
    information, see the HPE ArubaOS-Switch Multicast and Routing Guide for your switch.
    Platform: 2530, 2620, 2920, 3500, 3800, 3810, 5400, 5400R
    And here on p176- is the guide for the HPE Aruba 2920... Wonder if it's available on the older HP Procurve 2920 hardware? Firmware upgrade??