Master Untangler

Default Widgets reporting MB/s or bytes/sec are actually Mbits/s or bits/s

Everyone else probably already noticed this... But I noticed some of the dashboard widgets report the wrong units.... Or am I just really not understanding what they are showing me??

Examples:
    Top Application Usage - shows my current speed on my NAS to the cloud is 20 Mbytes/sec
    Top Hostnames Usage - shows my current speed on my NAS to the cloud is 20 Mbytes/sec

I know it is wrong, as I have a 20 Mbit/s upload speed... I am doing a backup of files to my cloud storage and am saturating my upload speed, and it is showing 20 Mbytes/sec on those two widgets... Impossible.

Interestingly, though, the Interface Usage widget is correct (showing ~2.5 Mbytes/sec versus the other two widgets showing 20 Mbytes/sec - which again is impossible).

Can this be changed/fixed by the end user?
    Last edited by JasonJoel; 01-02-2018 at 07:24 PM.

I doubt it. Almost nothing in reports is in bits.

Also the interface graphs shows just the *rx* and top application usage shows all usage (both rx and tx.)
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

Seems that I remember you guys denied this possibility last time this topic came up by someone else.

1. On my NAS there was no other traffic through untangle (network is a single subnet so no VLAN routing, no other outbound traffic from the NAS, as verified on the NAS itself). There was no receive traffic on the NAS at all, actually, other than the web connection I was using to monitor it. Inbound was consistently 0-100 kbit/s.

2. The Interface Usage Widget correctly showed 2.5 Mbytes/sec. There was no other traffic of any substance leaving the network. I paused the cloud sync, and as expected the usage went to ~0 MBytes/s... Started it again and it went back to ~2.5 MBytes/s...

3. Top Hostnames Usage specifically showed ~20 Mbytes/sec from my NAS, when I know for a fact it was running ~2.5 MBytes/s as confirmed both on the NAS and on the Interface Usage Widget... Not surprisingly, 20 Mbit is about 2.5 MBytes/s - which again is what the other widget shows...

I'll do it again when I'm in front of it and post screenshots - for what that is worth. It isn't the end of the world either way, obviously, just thought I would report it as it is incorrect (or it is telling me something I simply don't understand, which at best is misleading) .
    Last edited by JasonJoel; 01-03-2018 at 06:39 AM.