Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fox
    Untangler

Default Right and wrong

Dear Sir,
    Partly you are absolutely right, but the features we asks about ARE indeed of interest for end-users! Show the business owner, or whoever has any need for your UT box, with a lot of users, who is eating traffic, who is not doing in working or study times what he is supposed to do, who uses private chat etc.; etc,; and so on. It is also of interest to optimize the work in the network. And additionally it helps the Networkk admin, to eliminate needle ears... And that is also of major importance.

Sir, I am much over 60 years old, where puniching my first program via holes in cards, was involve in the almost first network Bullition boards creation, first Internet connection and secuity matters, and since more as 40 years I am -untill now- involved in putting software apps into the shape the enduser needs for work without headaches and so that the users can use it with a minimum on learning time. I work 7 days the week and love to learn about new systems. Thats how I found UT and thats how I started to love UT. Even thought that there is still much work, and much time needed, to make real to the leading system. UT is on its way, and as I use it with my clienst I wish only to get it working better as that will make my live easier, and my clients (Business owners and Net admins) satisfied.

Also during the years I learned real what any enduser need. Its easy... eyecatching and easy to handle systems, where reading manuals is for troubleshooting only, where question about how to use it are resolved in a few minutes, and where the staff handling the network can react fast to resolve business hampering slowdowns without to take a day to read any manual...

So pls do understand that I surely would not waste my time nor yours, if I am 101% sure that the points I post, or suggest, are indeed improving the UT system and so the acceptance by endusers and also by Net admins. Net Adminsh surely are important to recommend your product to the business owner or deceiding person. And any Net admin finding quick what is just now ongoing and being able to get the system back to work in minutes is your best styled business card. SO I stick to my recommendation to add somehow any graphical tool like cports to UT and I bet the result will fine for UT and its users.

Future posts will be more brief and only pointing out what I would like to find sometimes inside UT, or where I think that problem needs to be solved with an short explanation. Not to waste our times.
    Last edited by Fox; 07-19-2008 at 10:53 AM.
    Any Worst-Case Scenario resolved is better as getting only Best-Case scenarios working.... :cool:

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Now live tracking of what an IP or even better, Active directory user account name, is doing on the Internet? That is useful... it isn't the same thing.
    Among other things, Watchguard's HostWatch app does this. That's exactly what I was saying.

Then I'll shut up, because we're saying the same thing from different directions. HostWatch is quite a bit more than a simple state dump. And, I repeat most of this stuff was flying around as a report enhancement so I think we can expect options in this realm in the future.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

Maybe that came out wrong. I didn't mean to 'dumb down' HostWatch. I merely meant to say it had that particular feature in it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12