Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Homepro is not limited by device. It is for residential non-commercial use only.
    If you have an issue and our enforcement is giving you a problem, please create a ticket.

De_Lemon, can you provide your ticket #?
    Kyawa likes this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

I was not given a ticket when i called in today. I called the support number and the person stated they would have management reach out to me.

Untangler

Here is an example of what i am talking about

notification.JPG

license.JPG

I need help with this. If you want me to start a new thread, let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yup, sorry about that.
    We'll get you sorted.

Its very hard to deduce whats a business environment and whats residential and non-commercial in software.
    We have to set limits and we just need to tune it as best we can. It won't be perfect, but we have ways we can fix your setup. Sorry about this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyawa View Post
    I need help with this. If you want me to start a new thread, let me know.
    Yes, start a new thread.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    Its very hard to deduce whats a business environment and whats residential and non-commercial in software.
    We have to set limits and we just need to tune it as best we can. It won't be perfect, but we have ways we can fix your setup. Sorry about this.
    Yep, if that's all it is, and is easy to fix if we can assert that the environment truly is a home one, that would be great. I have a ticket in a well from this morning, although with the Home sub, I don't have live support. I will wait for a response on that. (grepping hosts.js I see 34 reported hosts and all show entitled right now, so not sure if something changed, or if I'm looking in the right place.)

Untangler

Thank you Dmorris

I am more concerned at the overnight change. Honestly i totally get buisness needs and ensuring people are using the licenses as intended. I have loved UT since i started using it about a year ago and bought the home one for this reason. I do have a decent amount of devices from everything being "smart" now. That and the kids have friends come over with their phones and laptops. I like to filter everything as when they are here they are my responsibility.

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by De_Lemon View Post
    I am more concerned at the overnight change.
    Yeah. Since it seems to have taken at least some of the staff by surprise, maybe we'll yet see some clarification about how all this works. Whether the change will be popular or not, it would be nice to at least be able to understand how the change actually works.

A little background... There is no overnight change. The product you bought remains the same. Its for residential and non-commercial use only. Its not sold by device count or band. Its mostly for IT people and enthusiasts.

The reality that we face, is that some people cheat and install it in commercial and sometimes huge commercial sites, so the choice we had was either to remove the homepro product altogether or to try to add some semi-intelligent enforcement. You are a home user, you should have all the functionality of home pro on your whole network.

We'll have to figure out how to do this more intelligently, because obviously this isn't ideal..
    Sorry about that - I think a support rep should contact you to fix it on your server in the short term.

If anyone else has a issue, please open a ticket and we'll get you sorted.
    Kyawa and Sam Graf like this.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast