Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    A little background...
    Perfect. Thank you.

Untangler

Thank you for clearing the air. I like fully transparency!

I fully get not allowing it to be used in unintended ways is always a balancing act. The strange part was the phone tech said there were some overnight changes to UT. That is why i got really frustrated as he stated to me that the only way to keep it going was to reduce the device count.

I have got an email from support that they are trying to fix it.

Having homeschool kids / gamers i hear the minute something does not work! The life of a geek dad!

Great company.

Untangler

Support was able to fix my issue! Took a little work for them as for some reason it was not wanting to clear. I am fully up and running. Updated the post so people know what to do if they are having the issues.
    Last edited by De_Lemon; 01-09-2018 at 02:53 PM.

Untangler

I have the home license, but I am an IT guy. I work for VMware. So I have a home network that is not the norm. It is certainly not commercial as I am not making a $ cent off it. I have an email server for personal use. I have a VoIP server. I have remote access. I have some VMware hosts for a home lab. I like to build systems and learn. Is that "normal" home usage? I don't want to run afoul of the licensing, but want to transparent of what I am doing. If you were to traffic scan me, I am sure I look like a small business.

Quote Originally Posted by xscapee1 View Post
    I have the home license, but I am an IT guy. I work for VMware. So I have a home network that is not the norm. It is certainly not commercial as I am not making a $ cent off it. I have an email server for personal use. I have a VoIP server. I have remote access. I have some VMware hosts for a home lab. I like to build systems and learn. Is that "normal" home usage? I don't want to run afoul of the licensing, but want to transparent of what I am doing. If you were to traffic scan me, I am sure I look like a small business.
    If you are a home, you're fine. If you have issues just contact us and explain as you did above.

If you are operating a business out of your home then thats commercial. If you are operating a bed and breakfast out of your home its commercial.

If you just work from home sometimes or have a lot of devices at home; you're still just a home and qualify for homepro.

Lots of IT people have tons of devices at home. We want IT people running Untangle at home. Thats one of the main reasons we even have the homepro offering.
    Kyawa and keith_h like this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Lots of IT people have tons of devices at home. We want IT people running Untangle at home. Thats one of the main reasons we even have the homepro offering.
    Or retired / disabled IT people that miss playing with stuff and use it at home as it works SOOOO much better than any off the shelf home router.

It is scary how many devices are now requiring an IP so the number just keeps going up.

I am in the same boat xcapee1 as i play with game servers in hyper-v with my kids. No commercial even though i own a domain name (long store, short of it i just cant retire it as it is part of my daughters story).

Untangler

On a side note tried to change the title on the post but it only changes it for my first post not the entire thread. If any admin wants to update it with what i put would be great. Dont want to start mass panic and want it to be more productive.

Untangler

If you are a home, you're fine. If you have issues just contact us and explain as you did above.

If you are operating a business out of your home then thats commercial. If you are operating a bed and breakfast out of your home its commercial.

If you just work from home sometimes or have a lot of devices at home; you're still just a home and qualify for homepro.

Thanks Dmorris. I have a ticket open with Support. I was reduced to the 15 hosts.

Quote Originally Posted by xscapee1 View Post
    Thanks Dmorris. I have a ticket open with Support. I was reduced to the 15 hosts.
    Sorry for the bother - we'll get you sorted.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast