Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Well all the issues started this week...it appears the "license change" was this week?
    I have contacted support and awaiting a response.

They failed to fix the issue on the first attempt.
    Still getting licensing issues.
    Had to bypass my core home systems, and turned off all applications in the appliance.

2018-01-11 10:07:41 pm License limit exceeded. Session not entitled Session [TCP] 10.10.x0.213:58533 -> 3x.168.1x5.66:80

Raised a ticket with support this morning, Collen replied. I'm in Australia, so I understand the time differences. Also a heavy home user, being IT guy who also owns a full commercial license attached to my work email. Home is my play zone without affecting production.

Exclamation

Still don't have any solution to my issue.
    Plus I've noticed that Untangle support in unwilling to answer the question if the 15 device limit still exists, or has been increased, if so by how much?

Is this going to be a case of constantly having to ask for support to fix?

If my issues with Untangle are not resolved today I will be going to another solution that doesn't change the terms of the license during active subscriptions.

Whats your ticket number? I'm sure we'll get your case fixed.

Yes, we will continue to attempt to enforce the license restrictions to "non-commercial, residential" use only. Unfortunately this is something we have to do because of abuse even if we don't get it done perfectly and in some cases users have to contact support.

They won't answer questions about the specifics of our enforcement techniques. Sorry.

If this isn't acceptable to you, I understand.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Default [B]Ticket number 113705 - NO RESPONSE SINCE YESTERDAY @ 12:47 - I have sent multiple

Ticket number 113705 - NO RESPONSE SINCE YESTERDAY @ 12:47 - I have sent multiple emails since.

Based on your answer, I will be looking at different solutions.
    I cannot trust Untange will honor my existing license.
    I will not be considering your products ever again, which is a shame as I really liked the system.

YOU MADE CHANGES TO THE SUBSCRIPTION LICENSING THAT WAS STILL ACTIVE (I HAVE 4 MONHTS LEFT), CAUSING AN OUTAGE, FOR A PRODUCT I HAD ALREADY PAID FOR.

YOU MUST UNDERSTAND THE METHOD UNTANGLE CHOSE IS EXTEREMELY SHORT SIGHTED, AND THE COMPANY REPSONSE IS WEAK AT BEST.

MY LAWER AND I DISCUSSED THIS, HE CONSIDERS THIS "A BAIT AND SWITCH SCAM", WHAT I BOUGHT I DO NOT HAVE NOW.
    THIS IS A BREACH OF MY CONSUMER RIGHTS, UNDER FEDERAL TRADE COMISSION, WE WILL BE LOOKING IN LEGAL RESOLUTIONS. IT IS NOT THE COST OF THE LICENSE BUT THE PRINCIPLE.

I understand I'm shouting here in the forum, but this has gone on all week, without resoluiton.
    I just renewed my Sonicwall License, and going back to that. They don't pull moves like this.

Default Same issue with home license

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    Whats your ticket number? I'm sure we'll get your case fixed.
    dmorris - I am having the same issue. Fully paid home license used only for home use but getting "License Limit Exceeded. Session not entitled." My ticket number is 113909.

Interesting enough, I use it as a basic firewall and have ZERO applications enabled, so I am not sure why I am seeing this alert.

Many Thanks
    Richard J. Sears
    ATP ASMEL/Rotor, CFI, CFII, MEI, G-V / CE-525S / CE-500
    Cisco Certified CCNP,CCDP
    Digium dCAP, dCSE, dSSE, dCSP, dCAA

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    dmorris - I am having the same issue. Fully paid home license used only for home use but getting "License Limit Exceeded. Session not entitled." My ticket number is 113909.

Interesting enough, I use it as a basic firewall and have ZERO applications enabled, so I am not sure why I am seeing this alert.

Many Thanks
    The alert is just a standard alert, you'll get it even if you aren't using the apps, it will just have no effect.
    Regardless, we got you sorted - sorry about that! Support team will follow up soon.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

Angry Home Licence Issues

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    The alert is just a standard alert, you'll get it even if you aren't using the apps, it will just have no effect.
    Regardless, we got you sorted - sorry about that! Support team will follow up soon.

I'm also not pleased with this change in license.
    I got many friends and family to buy u25 devices and now they are coming down on me hard because of this issue.
    It's easy to hit the limit when you have IOT devices such as LFIX bulbs on your network. I could easily have 40 or 50 devices once I replace every light bulb in the house and upgrade my washer and dryer to new units. I won't simply take it lying down either. I'll make sure there are legal consequences if I and the people I recommended this product to get left without a reasonable solution in the middle of our licensing period.

There are no changes to homepro.
    if the license enforcement limits your usage, contact us and we'll get it fixed.

• The HomePro license is priced for personal use at a fraction of the cost of our commercial license.
    • Untangle reserves the right to verify that the license is being used in a way that is consistent with the spirit and intent of the license: for non-commercial, residential use.
    • Users may not use the license in mixed use settings that may be considered commercial such as residential care facilities, childcare facilities, home-operated businesses or any setting that is wholly or in part a commercial endeavor.
    • Untangle reserves the right to make the determination whether any use is inconsistent with the intent of the license.
    Last edited by dmorris; 01-12-2018 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jspring View Post
    I'm also not pleased with this change in license.
    I got many friends and family to buy u25 devices and now they are coming down on me hard because of this issue.
    It's easy to hit the limit when you have IOT devices such as LFIX bulbs on your network. I could easily have 40 or 50 devices once I replace every light bulb in the house and upgrade my washer and dryer to new units. I won't simply take it lying down either. I'll make sure there are legal consequences if I and the people I recommended this product to get left without a reasonable solution in the middle of our licensing period.
    Don't hold your breath, based on the responses so far to the issue.
    Mine was set to auto-renew, I have canceled it.

NOT HEARD ANYTHING FROM SUPPORT TODAY.

I have requested a refund for my license cost. If that is denied I plan to take this further.
    I will not be using their products again.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast