Default Delete Policy - UI is annoying

If you have a policy, and a rack attached to that policy, and rules configured to use that policy.

When you attempt to remove the policy, you get an error the rack isn't empty, as well as an error that it's used in rules, and the UI can hang to boot.

Since policy rules can only link to a single policy, and the rack is defined by the policy, I can see no reason why removing a policy shouldn't just remove the attached rules and rack in one click, albeit perhaps after a confirmation. It certainly at least shouldn't require several browser refreshes to get the rules removed manually, then remove all the rack applications from the policy, to finally be able to remove the policy.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

We are not going to implement a button that nukes an entire policy worth of app settings with a single click.
    And no, you can't create rules that link to policies that don't exists. No idea what that would even mean.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    We are not going to implement a button that nukes an entire policy worth of app settings with a single click.
    And no, you can't create rules that link to policies that don't exists. No idea what that would even mean.
    Why not? Admins are admins, not children, and configuration backups exist. You can't save admins from themselves, but you can make your software work smoothly and cleanly, and not result in three browser refreshes to remove rules that refuse to be removed because the UI blew chunks while throwing alerts on an attempt to remove a policy that still had rules aimed at it. Furthermore, that policy removal itself after the rules were removed, further requires a manual removal of any installed modules before you can remove the policy.

The policy is the root, pulling things out by the roots is practically my job as an admin... Annoying me while I'm attempting to complete a basic task is a pretty silly thing to do, especially in a UI that allows you to blow up complex settings at a click elsewhere.
    Last edited by sky-knight; 03-04-2019 at 01:03 AM.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com