Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Untangle Ninja

Default Realtime monitoring

I thinkt he biggest thing missing in Untangle is the ability to see what is going on right now, realtime. There doesnt seem to be much for monitoring or graphs of any kind.

I would like to see all the live connections, what protocol and usage.

I use Ntop and mrtg for such things but there is no reason untangle couldnt incorporate the same thing. If I had this, I could switch to it.

Lannie

Fox
    Untangler

This what I meant in posting under feedback too. See " Viewing all open Connections and ports" #1 and following.
    I support this request by all means.
    Any Worst-Case Scenario resolved is better as getting only Best-Case scenarios working.... :cool:

monitoring is really useful thing,in all ways, such cpu,memory NIC utilization
    as earlyer Authors I support this request by all means.

May I add also the Hard drive space monitoring.

Default Realtime monitoring

That was one feature I really liked about Kerio WinRoute Pro, you had a log pane that you could have any firewall rule post to, so when diagnosing/testing issues with new rules, you could see the status in realtime. It would stamp the event in the log with ALLOW or BLOCK and the rule number that allowed or denied.

I believe as a minimal workaround you could use TCPDUMP to see some realtime traffic. Dropping to the terminal from the console or SSH in remote and at the prompt try something like:
    Code:
    tcpdump -i eth0 "host 192.168.x.11" and "port 1723" -v
    That example would show realtime PPTP traffic being port forwarded to internal server at 192.168.x.11 (if you had a rule of course), feel free to substitute in what you are looking for, but unfortunately it does not show the ALLOW or BLOCK rule that caused it to happen. (to my knowledge)

You can also on the rack for most apps, expand "Show Settings", go to the Event Log tab, click the Auto-Refresh button and see some activity for that app.

Untanglit

Agreed, real time monitoring would be great.

Master Untangler

I want realtime monitoring too for cpu use, ram, hdd, connections, ports, bandwidth speed etc. Nice graphs would be appreciated as well.

I just posted this in the Tips forums if you would like to try it. It is more of a consolidated view of your overall system.

http://forums.untangle.com/showthrea...7743#post27743

Untangler

Thanks Silver Bullet, your efforts are much appreciated!

Regards,
    Lowen

Untangler

Another usefull function would be to log outside UT on the WAN side, I liked that ability in Astaro or Endian. I usually used Wallwatcher, which is a win32 application. Don't care too much for Kiwisyslog. Doesn't give out enough info. Does anyone know of a good Opensource application to log information coming in and out of UT(Most likely by syslog)??

Regards,
    Lowen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast