Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yeah see... I can do that too...

Identical displays in Edge, Firefox, and Chrome.

It... doesn't... work...

It's... never... worked...

Of course it's well known, so that's no shocker.

But I've also never really cared, the reports are what I'm after and those rock. I'm an engineer, cosmetics are lost on me. It provides the information I need, don't much care what it looks like.

Anyway if it was purely a widget containment problem, you'd think just a single widget would get the display space it needs... but it doesn't.
    Last edited by sky-knight; 02-11-2020 at 03:53 PM.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

This widget shows the number of devices the firewall sees so it's still somewhat useful. It's like the report you see before you go into the reports.

Here's a quick fix to show the numbers. Can't post link yet, so just google for "How To Fix Network Layout in Untangle Dashboard" and hit the URL from snakeoil-os.

The widget has way too much wasted white space, this can be tweaked further. But I kindda stop at this one byte change and hope this widget will be better in the next update.
    Jim.Alles likes this.

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by agent_kith View Post
    This widget shows the number of devices the firewall sees so it's still somewhat useful. It's like the report you see before you go into the reports.

Here's a quick fix to show the numbers. Can't post link yet, so just google for "How To Fix Network Layout in Untangle Dashboard" and hit the URL from snakeoil-os.

The widget has way too much wasted white space, this can be tweaked further. But I kindda stop at this one byte change and hope this widget will be better in the next update.
    Thanks for the tip, it works but it's a temporary fix

I hope too it will be fixed in the near future.
    Jim.Alles likes this.

Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Oh man... that's a bug necro...

I think this one qualifies for zombie status at this point. What's next? Silver? Holy Water?
    Jim.Alles likes this.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Untangle Ninja

Only four years to fix. lol

If you read the bug history it was fixed previously. The bug reappeared when the GUI library was updated.
    Sam Graf likes this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Yep, time to break out the arcane incantations and summon the bug eating demon.

But seriously this junk is why I hate the web, it's 2020 you'd think we'd have standardized display methods in web browsers by now... but... nope. It's all just an endless warren of hacks, and we spend so much time getting the visuals straight we never bother to incorporate all the extra stuff we need so that alternative access methods can function correctly.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    But seriously this junk is why I hate the web, it's 2020 you'd think we'd have standardized display methods in web browsers by now... but... nope.
    We like our eye candy, and JavaScript is the only way to inject enough sugar into the eye candy to satisfy us. Wd call this "modern." And JavaScript libraries are the preferred packaging for JavaScript.

We didn't care for the W3C's direction on HTML/XHTML, so HTML5 thrives in a sort of standards limbo. But even HTML5's eye candy is no match for Untangle's dashboard. And there are no standards dictating what you may or may not present via JavaScript, or how. JavaScript is the wild, wild West of the Web.

People.

The reason why JavaScript is wrapped up in libraries, is because it is also an unevenly supported mess...

They literally exist primarily as an abstraction layer to hide all the dark incantations requires to get that mess to run properly on multiple browsers.

But this is the stuff all our "cloud apps" are built on... We're burying bad design and code in abstraction layers, and stacking them so deep we're drowning in them... and making the mess mission critically serve up cat videos... and somehow, it WORKS!

The internet... hurts... my... brain.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast