Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Graf View Post
    I have other things I can do. I'm appreciating the uptick in staff engagement.
    I also noticed that, and am most appreciative. It is a breath of fresh air.
    Not that I don't appreciate J.Coffin's shouldering of the responsibility. But we are missing Dirk around here.

Unlike other open-source/community projects, Untangle forum posts are not generally the place to drop suggestions and expect action on their product.
    Untangle has a separate resource for that. When you use it, please search thoroughly first to make sure you are not duplicating ideas and scattering the support for an idea.

Use the light bulb button: https://untanglengfirewall.featureupvote.com/
    icons.png
    Last edited by Jim.Alles; 06-04-2020 at 09:44 PM.
    f1assistance and csherman like this.

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Jim.Alles View Post
    I also noticed that, and am most appreciative. It is a breath of fresh air.
    Not that I don't appreciate J.Coffin's shouldering of the responsibility.
    Well said.

Untanglit

Cool

Hello to all,

as promised I am trying something new to see if things work as intended on my end. Since I do not have the Pro License I rely allot on feedback of the Forum (Community) and WikiDocs of Untangle.

I do not mind coz that is what I love to do experiment experiment experiment ^^

What is my intention again?

Network map:
    2020-06-06_13-47-55.jpg

auro.lan is my Router with Layer 3 Firewall and handles DNS over HTTPS with Cert. verification. Portforwarding on my Router from rouge DNS Request work as intended. Thanks to this community here of showing how to accomplish this.

So what now?

I have to think of a way to bring Untangle in to the mix as my Layer 7 Protection device. I have read that Untangle can be run in Bridge Mode. Does that mean that I can use SSL Inspection with Webfilter - Application Guard and so on as before?

Many many thanks in advance
    Val.

What you ask for is possible, but if you ever try to add VLANs to the mix you're going to hate it.
    Valvaris likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

You can make Untangle a NAT'less router too... I find those configurations to be easier to deal with over time than bridges. IF you're planning to do the VLAN thing, AND you're OK stuffing static routes into the border router every time you add a VLAN to the mix.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Untanglit

Hello @sky-knight,

ty for the reply Just saw the "Help" button on the bottom right corner and searched for "Bridge" - How I understand as long as I point the GW to the Untangle device all the security features should work as intended. But what about DNS? So if a query comes in the Untangle it should forward to the Router for DoH?!

Best regards
    Val.

How you handle DNS is up to you. DNS is only available on Untangle as a service if it's a router, yet another reason why I prefer NAT'less routing Untangles to bridging ones.

Bridges are great, but only in VERY simple networks. As soon as you need a 2nd IP range... the game changes.
    f1assistance likes this.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12