Untangler

Default Off-line Administration

i tried to modify untangle while being off-line (change ip address of interfaces)

if untangle is not connected to the internet, the virtual rack doesnt load.
    talk about phoning home : ((

anyway is there a way to modify a untangle installalation without being connected to the internet?

NOT being connected to the internet is SAFE, yes?

also there's a bug with opening the terminal in untangle and setting the password the first time.

it seems untangle doesnt double-check the password, so if u enter a passsword for
    the first time to access the terminal, the line "please re-enter the password" doesn't work.

i got a not-working terminal now: (( or maybe it's a bug, if u accidentally open the terminal
    for the first time, but double clicked the terminal icon, so u get two terminals : ((

everything else is fine. tried m0nowall. VPN is very slow there. trying to stick to UT. : ))

Quote Originally Posted by freeside View Post
    i tried to modify untangle while being off-line (change ip address of interfaces)

if untangle is not connected to the internet, the virtual rack doesnt load.
    talk about phoning home : ((

anyway is there a way to modify a untangle installalation without being connected to the internet?

NOT being connected to the internet is SAFE, yes?

also there's a bug with opening the terminal in untangle and setting the password the first time.

it seems untangle doesnt double-check the password, so if u enter a passsword for
    the first time to access the terminal, the line "please re-enter the password" doesn't work.

i got a not-working terminal now: (( or maybe it's a bug, if u accidentally open the terminal
    for the first time, but double clicked the terminal icon, so u get two terminals : ((

everything else is fine. tried m0nowall. VPN is very slow there. trying to stick to UT. : ))

I don't know where to begin.

1) Untangle doesn't phone home - if you can't log in you have some other issue. You will have to describe your issue.

2) When you click the terminal if the password is unset it asks you to set it. Once you set it you can use the terminal. Did you set it?
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangle works fine unplugged. Every time I setup a new test unit the thing only gets the external interface connected and set to DHCP... then I pull the thing off all networks after the rack applications are installed and configure away. The local console always works.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

mdh

Agreed. When we restore a customer configuration, we disconnect it from the network and bring up the box. Otherwise, we would hose ourselves into oblivion. Also, the first time you bring up the terminal, it asks you three times for the password...

1. Define it
    2. Confirm it
    3. Use it