Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surprised.

Untangler

[QUOTE=dmorris;30907]
    Quote Originally Posted by Xolo View Post
    @dmorris: Hmm, may have misread then. i'm not too old to learn though on another note, I removed the catch-all rule under Config > Email > Quarantine because the digests are useless to my users because they can't reach the UT machine internally. Wasn't set up that way.

ah, I'd consider just "blocking" or "marking" spam instead.
    Otherwise you're just wasting space and CPU on quarantining when the users can't actually use it anyway.
    Yes, I considered changing over to block or mark too.
    But, my organisation is a group of government supported public schools, and we have to deal with many legal matters by mail and as such I am required to have an overview or at least a highly detailed log of sorts so I am able to react if any mail is detained for invalid reasons.
    Yes, it happens. have had to notify one government department once already their entire organisation was on Spamhaus.. Go figure.

On a different note; removing the catch-all seems to have had zero effect, I am still seeing digests arriving in mailboxes.
    It could be that Untangle already prepared the digest it sent this morning the afternoon before, but I need to be sure.
    I really need to disable these digests and still have use of the overview under Config > Email > Quarantine. How would one go about that without setting a destination for these digests? I have no need for them, they only create administrative overhead, it is not the CPU or space I am worried about.

Edit:
    Never mind! it was a backlog of digests being sent out. None are being sent one full day after the catchall was disabled.
    Last edited by Xolo; 09-22-2008 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Typo-fu strikes again - Edit 2: Neverrrr mind!
    Our Current Platform [INACTIVE Until further notice - finally in a new building!]
    ---------------------------------
    Intel Desktop Board type D865GVHZ + Intel P4 3.0Ghz HT, 2GB Dual-channel RAM, 40GB HDD, 3x3Com 309x 10/100 PCI, 3Mbit 4 to 1 Business Cable, roughly 500 users and 220 machines and growing.
    Please make use of the Untangle Bugzilla to vote for and report issues/requests!!

Untangler

Nope, the setting returns after an update and starts mailing digests out again without prior warning to the admin. too bad!
    Our Current Platform [INACTIVE Until further notice - finally in a new building!]
    Intel Desktop Board type D865GVHZ + Intel P4 3.0Ghz HT, 2GB Dual-channel RAM, 40GB HDD, 3x3Com 309x 10/100 PCI, 3Mbit 4 to 1 Business Cable, roughly 500 users and 220 machines and growing.
    Please make use of the Untangle Bugzilla to vote for and report issues/requests!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12