Thread: Mail Filtering?

Untangler

Question Mail Filtering?

Can we block mails with file attachments of particular file types?

I want to block particular file types to be attached with mails (Both incoming and outgoing. i.e., SMTP, POP). Can I do it?

mdh

I think that is something that would most appropriately be done on the mail server. Many mail servers are set to automatically block certain file extensions just because of the potential danger of the files (EXE and DLL for example). You may be able to circumvent functionality of the files through use of other Untangle modules.

Untangler

My mail server won't do it. I want to use Untangle for this purpose. Can't I do it using untangle?

mdh

I don't see how. We can block email spam, email phishing attempts, email viruses and email-based intrusion attempts, but not legitimate file extensions. Perhaps someone else who reads this will jump in if they are aware of a method...

Did you ever find out how to block certain file extensions? I would like to do the same thing. My exchange server does not allow me to do that.

to be understood, you must first understand. :)
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself. If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com