Question Open Vpn Enhancement Suggestion

Would it be possible to make the OpenVPN software operate in the same way the citrix access gateway VPN does?

What I am imagining is this: The ability to go to a website hosted by my company, log in using my windows username and password, be redirected to a page that allows me to download and install the openVPN client with all the certificates automatically, and then launch that VPN client to establish the VPN.

A company I used to work for has the citrix access gateway. I would go to a website (citrix.company.com) and login using my windows username and password. I then had the ability to click on a link that would automatically download and install the citrix secure VPN client to my computer. It would then launch that client and ask me for my username and password again, which I would supply. Then it would establish a secure VPN to my companys network, where I could get to email, server shares, and most importatly, I could run proprietary database applications from my laptop. It was totally automatic, and best of all, it was quick and easy.

Is there anyway to have the untagle openvpn achieve this same ability?

Welcome to the forums. I like the idea but not sure how to implement this. We have the Remote Access Portal which is similar. User types their public domain or IP address via a web browser. It prompts them for a login via Active Directory or Local LDAP. Then it will have the bookmarks for the user to access. (clientless VPN)
    to be understood, you must first understand. :)
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself. If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

It would simply be an integration of RAP and the OpenVPN download page. OpenVPN already provides a web server with either a preconfigured install of OpenVPN for XP or the conf files in a zip. You would simply be allowing access to that "page" per user on a login instead of open to everyone within a 12 hour window.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Exactly.