Default Request:Credit based professional pack and support

A credit system would be awesome for the professional pack and live support. My company pays for 10 support tickets and then they get used as the problems arise. As far the pro pack is concerned the credits could be used to like a "game card". I could buy 1 year of Ad connector and then after that it stops. Then you would renew the subscription, this would allow admins to watch the said module for say a year and decide if it is worth renewing a subscription on. I dont if it would fit in but its an idea.
    “Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program.” - Linus Torvalds

How about you get 1 credit per dollar and all costs remain the same except with credits instead of dollars? (like the arcade) :P

on a more serious note we have thought about per-incident support and we're still considering different models...
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

good point on the first thing so dollar is credit, credit is dollar.

Please do something about the incident model
    “Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program.” - Linus Torvalds

Master Untangler

Couldn't someone just buy one month of support? Then stop subscribing at the end of the month? Personally, I want to see Untangle get paid. Professional subscription is getting added to every client install.

Quote Originally Posted by far182 View Post
    Couldn't someone just buy one month of support? Then stop subscribing at the end of the month? Personally, I want to see Untangle get paid. Professional subscription is getting added to every client install.
    some people have started doing this. Since this obviously violates the spirit of what we're trying to do by selling support we'll probably have to stop offering support on a monthly basis
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

what do you mean professional subscription is getting added to ever client install ? You dont mean its going to be free ? or do you ?

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by Solignis View Post
    what do you mean professional subscription is getting added to ever client install ? You dont mean its going to be free ? or do you ?
    Nope, not free. Clients will pay for it.

ok so the way it is in 5.4 will continue to 6.0

Master Untangler

I have an idea. Since you are not ever going to be supplying every user on a network support, 20, 50, 200 and so on... Why not offer your support on a bulk system?

Let's say workgroup 1 has 20 computers, they purchase 5 support incidents (pre-paid) for $125.00 per year (or whatever)

Then workgroup 2 has 100 computers, and they purchase 5 support incidents (pre-paid) for the same $125.00 per year (or whatever)

Since, both workgroups has 1 UT, this would be the same Untangle Box, you would be supporting.

And, it should be based more upon per UT device. Such as of any workgroup has 2 UT's, then it would be doubled.

You shouldn't be getting calls from everyone in a company anyways. Typically, you are going to be dealing with very few (2, maybe 3).

Then, of course if normal additions may be needed, as you currently have in place. They could still be picked up, as additional extras.

Master Untangler

I could be wrong but I believe it is based on a per UT device system.