Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: UT 6.0 Feedback

I noticed tonight that the update was fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally available for me to apply on my work UT box. For gits and shiggles I upgraded remotely from home. 10 to 15 minutes later presto, untangle 6.0.1. I didn't figure I would have any problems doing this remotely with such a fine product. All settings are correct and everything went without a hitch. I need to dig into what bugs were resolved tomorrow.

I guess all my poking did some good....
    Last edited by AutootuA; 12-15-2008 at 06:28 AM. Reason: I can't speel.

Untanglit

I am having an issue where;
    after changing rules to block in both the web filter and Intrusion prevention module the setting is not taking even though I have clicked upgrade and then save. Going back to a particular rule shows it as blocked (ticked) but the event log shows it as still being allowed.

I would prefere to see the complete rule list, and event log, and scrole down through it. This next page thing is crap! But thats just me. How does everyone else feel?

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan.penrose View Post

Branding is important for us because it helps us distinguish ourselves from other providers. We do not try to hide Untangle, but when clients see open source and free - it undermines the perception of value and complicates the sales process.

Co-branding seems like a reasonable request - but I don't think we should complain about something that has been given to us for free.

THANK YOU Untangle Team!
    I don't agree with the business/marketing part, this is bad business practice, you're deceiving customers or would be clients and make them believe otherwise, when you're buying a car you're entitled to peek at what's inside e.g., engine, hood...The same thing goes with UT or any other UTM for that matter. Buying or using Open Source products does not mean your buying a product that has less value than its proprietary competitors, common Open Source is already mainstream and has done great strides at some point even better than its proprietary counterparts.

The company I work for is a small Systems Integrator and one of our core business is providing Open Source solutions, and we pride ourselves when we say Open Source and I think you should too.

But for the rest of your post, I agree!, at least give us the option to change the company logo and instead put a permanent "Powered by Untangle" beside or anywhere within.

GO UT!

No offense but that is ridiculous, what is the point of a branding manager that we would pay for if it fails to perform it's intended task which you pay for? We have been in Business now for 18 years and the consolidation of open source platfroms is a service that should be branded as it directly displaces competitive platfroms. that ability to offer a solution enhances ones abilty to add value and it should be regarded as a valuable asset thus we pay for the right to do it.

We are pretty much a standstill on further deployment to our client base. We cannot really plant these in the hands of the 40 other client sites if there is no way to protect us from the non-branded Wiki. Simply put, we cannot further risk what we have already received as feedback from our clients. As for the focus of the branding manager We absolutely would need to be able to brand correctly. I think we are 60% there with the ability to change the splash screen and the Logo but not allowing clients to take advantage of the rich benefits of control afforded by the control panel interface leaves many if not all of our clients opting for alternative platforms. We know that we can temporarily change the Wiki but if it is simply written over on the next update it is no good to us.

If there is a quick alternative that stands by the current price please let us know. Thanks again for all your support

Master Untangler

We need "live" reporting access to the Untangle boxes (ie: https://<untangleIP>/reports) for our clients. We need to be able to provide them a logon that can ONLY access reporting. Yes I know, "https://<untangleIP>/reports" works right now, but by giving the client a logon it also gives them FULL console access to the UT box. This is BAD.

Please change this ASAP.

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by far182 View Post
    We need "live" reporting access to the Untangle boxes (ie: https://<untangleIP>/reports) for our clients. We need to be able to provide them a logon that can ONLY access reporting. Yes I know, "https://<untangleIP>/reports" works right now, but by giving the client a logon it also gives them FULL console access to the UT box. This is BAD.

Please change this ASAP.

I second this request. Not only login, but start custom reports on the fly.

Lannie

Untangle Ninja

On the Branding Issue:

It is an open source product, so I say create a Wiki or document showing users how to edit the pages to get what they want.

If you are not savy enough to do it, then the Paid option is for you.

This helps both sides and keeps the "open Source" people happy instead of feeling like they were ripped.

The Commerical options should be available for those who wish to pay for it, but if these options can be done via open source means, then that should be documented as well so the smarter ones can add it themselves for free.

Lannie

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345